SIZE AND COMPOSITION OF BOVINE POPULATION IN HIMACHAL PRADESH - A DISTRICT-WISE ANALYSIS
Citation :- SIZE AND COMPOSITION OF BOVINE POPULATION IN HIMACHAL PRADESH - A DISTRICT-WISE ANALYSIS.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2004.(38):8 - 13
_Studies on the cattle and buffalo population in Himachal Pradesh indicated that the population of
former was almost three times the population of latter during the livestock census year 1992. As a
source of draught, the male cattle were preferred, while, buffaloes were the major source of milk. In the total bovine population, the adult females outnumbered the adult males in aU the districts thus resulting in the relatively dense distribution per hectare of gross cropped area. The young stock population showed a direct relationship with the population of adult fem
- Arya, S.L. and Rawat, B.S. (1989). Agric. Situat./ndia, 43: 831-835.
- George, J. (1986). Oxford-Agrarian-Studies. 15: 51-70.
- Uvestock Censuses of H.P. for the Years (1966,1972,1977,1982 and 1992). Varying pages.
- Singh, I.J. and Gangwar, AC. (1989). Uvestock Economy of India, 1989: 77-87.
- Vaidyanathan, A (1978). Indian J. Agric. Econ., 33: 1·20.
- Vaidyanathan, A (1988). Bovine Economy in India ISAE, New Delhi, India: Oxford & IBH Publishing Company, 1988, iv+209pp.