Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
HAEMATOLOGICAL STUDIES ON CROSSBRED HEIFERS WITH ANOESTRUS
constituents in cross-bred (Jersey x non-descript) heifers during anoestrus or oestrus condition.
Blood samples were collected from the jugular vein of 9 selected animals showing anoestrus
about 3 -4 years of age and from equal number of crossbred heifers during the overt of heat sign
(within 14 hours from the onset of heat) having similar age group for comparison. Haemoglobin,
packed cell volume and red blood cell count were significantly (P
- Hafez, B. and Hafez, E.S.B. (2000). In: Reproduction in Farm Animals, 7th edn. Printed by Gopsons Papers, Ltd., Noida, India.
- Hidiroglou, M. (1979). J. Dairy Sci., 62: 1195-1206.
- Kaneko, J.J. et al. (1997). In: Clinical Biochemistry of Domestic Animals. 5th edn. Academic Press, A division of
- Harcourt Brace and Company, 525 B Street, San Diego, California, USA.
- Kumar, S. et al. (1985). Indian Vet. Med. J., 9: 234-235.
- Kumar, S. et al. (2003). Indian Vet. Med. J., 27: 1-10.
- Sastry, G.A. (1983). In: Veterinary Clinical Pathology, 3rd edn. CBS Publication, New Delhi, India.
- Sharma, M.C. et al. (1983). Indian Vet. Med. J., 7: 153-155.
- Systat® (1996). Statistical Package, User’s guide release 6. 0. 1. edition, Systate, SPSS. Inn. USA.
- Tizard, I.R. (1998). In: Veterinary Immunology : An Introduction. 5th edn. Harcourt Brace and Company Asia Pvt. Ltd., Printed at Indira Printers, New Delhi, India.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.