GROWTH AND FEED UTILISATION OF BROILER RABBIT ON PROBIOTIC SUPPLEMENTED RATION
Citation :- GROWTH AND FEED UTILISATION OF BROILER RABBIT ON PROBIOTIC SUPPLEMENTED RATION.Indian Journal of Animal Research.2006.(40):58 - 60
Sixty grower male rabbits of New Zealand White (NZW), Soviet Chinchilla (SC) and Meghalaya
Local (LC) breed were considered to study the performance on probiotic-supplemented ration. All
the rabbit were 12-week of age having uniform size and body weight. Under each breed 20 animals were divided into two groups, one group was provided with pelleted ration and another group was provided with same ration same quantity fortified with 0.2% probiotic i.e. Biovet YC. After six weeks of experiment it was found that probiotic supplementation had significant (P0.05) effect on average daily DM intake in any of the breed. It was found that final live weight, average daily gain and feed conversion ratio were improved in treated group i.e. probiotic supplemented group.
- Abdel- Sanee, A.M. (1995). World Rabbit Sci., 3: 107-111.
- AOAC (1980). Officials Methods of Analysis, 13th Edn., Association of Official Analytical Chemist, Washington DC, USA.
- Bias, C.D et al. (1991). J. Applied Rabbit Res., 14: 148-150.
- Das, S.K. et al. (2001). Indian J. Animal Res., 36: 120-123.
- Gippert, T. et al. (1996). Sixth World Rabbit Congress. Tolouse, July 9-12th, V-l, 189-90.
- Hollister, A.G. et al. (1990). J. Applied Rabbit Res., 13: 6-9.
- IMD (1991). Instruction Bulletin of Indian Meteorological Department, Pune, Maharashtra.
- Lacza-szabo,S. et al. (1990) Cunniculture, 96: 263-266.
- Nievas-Delgado, D.B. (1990). Rebista Unellex de Ciencia Technologia Production Agricola, 10: 41-55.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1967). Statistical Methods. 6th Edn., Oxford and IBM Pub.Co., New Delhi - 1.