EFFECT OF WEANING AGE ON THE PERFORMANCES OF RABBIT IN THE SUB TEMPERATE EASTERN HIMALAYAN REGION OF INDIA
Citation :- EFFECT OF WEANING AGE ON THE PERFORMANCES OF RABBIT IN THE SUB TEMPERATE EASTERN HIMALAYAN REGION OF INDIA.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2007.(41):296-298
Data on different productive and reproductive traits recorded from New Zealand White and
Soviet Chinchilla breeds of rabbit for a period of four years were analyzed, while weaning of kits was practiced in three different ages ie at 30days, 36 days and 42 days. Analysis of data revealed that weaning age had caused significant (P 0.05) effect on litter size at weaning, post-weaning average daily gain and mortality %.
- Bednarz, M and Frindt, A (1979). Roczniki Nauk- Rolniezych, B 99 (4): 73-78.
- Blas, J. D. et al (1981). J Anim Sci. 52 (6): 1225-32.
- Costantine, F. et al (1986). Rivista Di coniglicoltura, 23 (2): 44 -46.
- IMD (1991) – Introduction Bulletin of Indian Meteorological Department, Pune, Maharastra.
- Klausdeinken, FJ and Pertersen, J (1990) Arbcitstagung Uber Haltung , 3: 41-45.
- Pertersen, J. et al (1992. In Proc. 5 th World Rabbit Cong. held at Oregon July, 1992.
- Snedecor, G W and Cochran, W G (1967) – Statistical Methods. 6 th Edition. Oxford and IBH Pub Co., New Delhi