EFFECT OF SEASON OF CALVING ON FIRST PRODUCTION PERFORMANCE IN CROSSBRED COWS
Citation :- EFFECT OF SEASON OF CALVING ON FIRST PRODUCTION PERFORMANCE IN CROSSBRED COWS.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2007.(41):290-292
The significant (p0.05) effect of sason of calving on first dry period and first calving interval
was observed in crossbred cows. The lowest dry period (193.54 days) and calving interval (495.20
days) was observed in rainy calvers. There was non-significant effect of season of calving on first
lactation length, lactation yield and AFC. However, the low AFC (1302.63 days), higher first lactation milk yield (1432.87 kg) and first lactation length (316.15 days) was observed in summer calvers. The higher breeding efficiency (67.52 percent) was observed in winter calvers. The higher production performance of crossbred cows would be achieved by reducing the AFC and calving interval associated with higher breeding efficiency.
- Bhadouria, S.S.et.al. (1986):Indian Vet.J.63: 383-386
- Bhagi, H.K. and Eapen K.J. (19S8):Indian Vet. J. 69: 137-140
- Bhasin, S.R. (1968):Indian Vet. J. 46: 234-236
- Gopal, D.(1969): M.Sc., Thesis N.D.R.I., Karnal.
- Jadhao, K.V. etal, (1994)Indian J, Anim. Mgmt. 10: 165-168
- Parmer, S.N.S and Johar K.S. (1982):Indian. Vet. J. 64:301-308
- Roy, T.C. et al. Indian vet, J. 64: 301-308
- Singh, R.N. and Desai R.N. (1967): India Vet. Sci. 37: 8-15
- Sendecor, G.W. and Cochran W.G. (1964): Statistical Methods, 8t!l Edn. Oxford and IBH Publication Co. Bombay.
- Wilcon C.J. et al (1957): J.Dairy Sci.40:942
- Yeotkar, S.S. and,Deshpande K.S. (1991):Indian Vet. J. 68 : 944-947