Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
A STUDY ON COAT COLOUR IN ONGOLE CALVES*
birth to white at later age were analyzed. The overall percentages of calves born with red and white coat were 47.21 and 52.79, respectively. The overall least squares mean number of days for
change of coat colour in Ongole calves was 315.13±12.53 days. Period of birth had significant
effect on the number of days to change the coat colour, while the season of birth and sex of calf had no significant influence.
- Benjamin, K.T. and Raju, K.K. (1949). Indian Vet. J., 25: 447-448.
- Harvey, W. R. (1976). Least Squares Analysis of Data with Unequal Sub-class Numbers. USDA, ARS, 20: 8.
- Murari, T. (1956). The Ongole Breed of Cattle. Devanagiri Power Press, Guntur-2.
- Nainar, A.M. et al. (2000). Draught cattle of Tamil Nadu - Umblachery breed. Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai.
- Rajendran, R. (1995). M.V.Sc Thesis, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai.
- Rao, G.N. (1995). Paper presented at the XXVI Research and Extension Advisory Counsel Meeting, Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Hyderabad.
- Reddi, O.S. (1957). Ph.D Thesis, Madras University, Madras
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.