THE ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHIC WAVE PATTERNS IN EQUINE POPULATION (EQUUS CABALLUS) OF GUJARAT STATE
Citation :- THE ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHIC WAVE PATTERNS IN EQUINE POPULATION (EQUUS CABALLUS) OF GUJARAT STATE.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2009.(43):291-292
Ninety five adult horses of either sex belonging to Kathiwari (31), Marwari (45) and Nondescript
(19) breeds were selected for study of electrocardiographic wave patterns. Biphasic P wave, QRS
complex and T wave patterns were studied and discussed. The study revealed that the Biphasic
P wave pattern was most common with distribution in various breeds as Kathiwari (64.52%),
Marwari (75.56%) and Nondescript (57.89%). The qR pattern for QRS complex was 48.39 per
cent in Kathiawari and 44.44 per cent in Marwari breeds. The Nondescript horses both qR and
QR patterns were in equal proportion (26.32%). The diphasic T wave pattern was recorded
in all groups.
- Freign, G.F. (1982) Cornell Veterinarian, 72:304-24.
- Kelly, W.R. (1984) Veterinary Clinical Diagnosis. Bailliere Tindall. London. pp 143-84.
- Nakamura, R. et al. (1955) Japanese J. Vet. Res. 3:24-32.
- Reef, V.B. and Mc Guirk, S.M. (1996) Disease of the Cardiovascular System, Large Animal Internal Medicine,2nd ed.,
- Mosby Year book, Inc., pp507-549.
- White, N.A. and Rhode, E.A. (1974) Ame Vet Medical Assoc 164(1):46-56.