Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
SEXUAL DIMORPHISM, EGG LAYING AND EGG WEIGHT IN OSTRICHES (STRUTHIO CAMELUS) REARED UNDER INDIAN CONDITIONS
- Anonymous, (1999). Annual Report. Zemarch Ostriches, Jordan Valley, Israel.
- Ar, A., M. Meir, N. Aizak and D.Campi. (1996). Improving our understanding of ratites in a farming environment. Deeming D.C (ed) Ratite Conference, Oxfordshire, UK, 144 – 146p.
- Deeming, D.C., Ayres L., and Ayres F.L.. (1993). Observations on the commercial production of ostrich (Struthio camelus) in the UK. Vet. Record. 132: 602 -607.
- Deeming, D.C., (1993). In: Deeming DC and Ferguson MWJ (eds) Egg Incubation: its effect on Embryonic Development in Birds and reptiles. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge 307 – 322p.
- Degen, A.A. , Weil S. , Rosenstrauch A., Kam M., and Dawson A. (1994). Seasonal plasma levels of luteinizing hormone and steroid hormone in male and female domestic ostriches ((Struthio camelus). General and Comparative Endocrinology 93: 21 – 27.
- Fowler, M.E. (1991). Comparative clinical anatomy of ratites. J. Zoo Wild Life Medicine 22: 204 – 227.
- Gandini, G.C.M., and Keffen R.H.. (1985). Sex determination of the South African ostriches (Struthio camelus). J. South African Vet. Assoc. 56: 209 – 210.
- Hamid, A. (2007). Productivity of commercially farmed ostriches in Saudi Arabia Tropentag. Ph.D. Thesis, Sudan University of Science and Technology.
- Hicks, K.D. (1992). Ratite Reproduction. Proceedings of the Association of Avian Veterinarians, 318 -324p.
- Huchzermeyer, F.W. (1998). Diseases of ostriches and other ratites; Agricultural Research Council, Onderstepoort Veterinary Institute, South Africa.
- Jarvis, M.J.F., Jarvis C. and Keffen R.H. (1985). Breeding seasons and laying patterns of the Southern African Ostrich (Struthio camelus). Ibis 127: 442 – 449
- Mellett, F.D. (1993). Ostrich production and products; Maree C and Casey NH (eds) Livestock production system; Principles and practices. Agri development Foundation, Pretoria 187 – 194 p.
- More, S.J. (1996). The performance of farmed ostrich hens in eastern Australia. Preventive Vet. Medicine 29: 107 – 120.
- More, S.J., (1997). Monitoring the health and productivity of farmed ostrich flocks. Aus. Vet. J. 75: 583 – 587.
- Rizzi, R., Erba M., Giulian M.G., Cerelini S. and Cerutti F.. (2002). Variability of ostrich egg production on a farm in Northern Italy. J. Appl. Poult. Res. 11: 332 – 337.
- Samour, J.H., J. Markham, and O. Nieva. (1984). Sexing ratite birds by cloacal examination. Vet. Record. 115: 167- 169.
- Shivaprasad, H., (1993). Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Association of Avian Veterinarians, Nashville. 282-293 p.
- Smith, W.A., Cilliers. S.C., Mellett E.D., and Vanschalkwyk S.J.. (1995). Proceedings of the 11th Alltech Annual Symposium. Nottingham University Press, Nottingham, 175 – 197p.
- Superchi, P., Sussi. C., Sabbioni A. and Beretti V.. (2002). Ann.Fac.Medic. Vet.di Pharma 22:155 – 162p.
- Stewart, J.S., (1989). Husbandry and medical management of ostriches. Proceedings of the Association of Avian Veterinarians pp. 208 -212.
- van Schalkwyk, S.J., Cloete S.W.P and de Kock J.A. (1996). Repeatability and phenotypic correlations for body weight and reproduction in commercial ostrich breeding pairs. British Poult. Sci. 37: 953 – 962.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.