EFFECT OF DERMOVET OINTMENT IN TREATING DERMATITIS OF DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Citation :- EFFECT OF DERMOVET OINTMENT IN TREATING DERMATITIS OF DOMESTIC ANIMALS.Indian Journal of Animal Research.2009.(43):211-212
Dermovet, a herbal ointment containing Pongamia pinnata oil, Gandhakam and Psoralea
corylifolia claimed to cure various types of dermatitis. In the present study the efficacy of the
ointment to cure the dermatitis due to fungal, bacterial, mite infections and atopic dermatitis
was studied and the results indicated that it is effective in curing these conditions.
- Distl, O. and Schmid, D.( 1994). Tierarztliche-Umschau, 49.581.
- Harborne, A.J.(1999). Phytomedicine, 54 :111-113.
- Narayana, K. and Sastry, K. N. V. (1974). Current Res,. 3: 128-129.
- Narayana, K. and Sastry, K. N. V. (1975). Current Res., 4: 91-92.
- Shridhar, N.B. and Narayana, K.(2005). Indian Vet.J., 83:44-46