FARMERS’ OPINION ABOUT REARNIG OF DEONI CATTLE
Citation :- FARMERS’ OPINION ABOUT REARNIG OF DEONI CATTLE.Indian Journal Of Animal Research.2010.(44):289 - 292
Deoni cattle are known for their physique and drought power. Being the dual purpose
breed, these fetch more market prices. Taking into account the merits of the breed, its
purity needs to be maintained. So it becomes necessary to study the personal characteristics
of deoni rearers and also to know about the opinion of the farmers regarding rearing of
deoni cattle. The present study enumerates the opinions that of the 60 respondents studied
88.33 per cent exhibited favourable opinion about the rearing of deoni cattle while about
15.00 per cent had unfavourable opinion and 6.67 per cent of the respondents seemed to be
undecided on the issue.
Deoni cattle rearers
- Deshmukh G.N.(1996). A study of farmer’s preferential behaviour regarding management of crossbred cow over
- buffaloes. M.Sc. (Agri.) Thesis, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri, India
- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Kothari C.R. (2009). Likert Method and Technique. New Age.
- International Publishers New Delhi, PP : 84-85.
- Nayak, H. S., Bajaj, S. S. and Raut, D. R. (1986). Problem of dairy farmers in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
- Maharashtra J. Extn. Edn., 5 : 107.
- Patil, D. R. (1995). Constraints faced by the farmers in adoption of improved management practices for buffaloes
- M.sc. (Agri.) Thesis, (Unpublished), Mahatma Phule Krishi, Vidyapeeth, Rahuri, India
- Shinde, G. B. (2002). A study on attitude on cattle owners towards crossbreed cattles in Parbhani district. M. Sc.
- (Agri.) Thesis, Mahatma Phule Agric. Unviersity Parbhani, India