Screening of Blackgram Germplasm for Resistance against Cercospora Leaf Spot, Anthracnose
and Powdery Mildew Diseases
Citation :- Screening of Blackgram Germplasm for Resistance against Cercospora Leaf Spot, Anthracnose and Powdery Mildew Diseases .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2018.(33):15-18
The screening of F3 progenies of 21 crosses along with 15 parents of blackgram was carried out under natural epiphytotic condition against cercospora leaf spot, anthracnose leaf spot and powdery mildew during Kharif 2016-17 at Experiment Farm of CSKHPKV, Palampur (H.P.) in Compact Family Block Design. Data was recorded from each progeny of the crosses in three replications. The observations were taken as per cent area infected on the basis of visual observations. The considerable amount of variation was shown by the genotypes for different diseases. Diseases score of genotypes ranged from 3-9 for Cercospora leaf spot, 1-9 for anthracnose leaf spot and 0-7 for powdery mildew under field conditions. The maximum prevalence of cercospora leaf spot and anthranose was recorded at Palampur area for the germplasm.
- Ananymous, (2016). ACRIP, MULLaRP. http ://www.acripmullarp.res.in/crop_profile.html [4th January, 2016].
- Kumar, A. and Bal, R.S. (2012). Screening of urdbean germplasm against MYMV and Cercospora leaf spot diseases. Trends in Biosciences. 5 : 127-128.
- Maheshwari, S.K., Arora, P.C. and Gupta, P.C. (1992). Screening for sources of resistance in pea to powdery mildew and rust. Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika 7 : 210-214.
- Mayee,C.D. and Datar, V.V. (1986). Phytopathometry, Technical Bulletin-1 (Special Bulletin-3). MAU University Press Prabhani, Inc. p. 41-42.
- Prem, N. and Sandeep, K. (2013). Changing scenario of pulses in India-an analytical view. Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika 4 : 192-199.
- Sharma, V, Basandrai, A.K., Basandrai, D., Gautam, N.K. and Sharma, P.N. (2014). Identification of stable sources of resistance against anthracnose (Colletorichum truncatum) in urdbean (Vigna mungo) Journal of food legumes. 27 : 218-220.