- Banerjee, R. (2008). Conservation and in situ development of a prolific indigenous sheep in the Sundarban and Sagar Island, PhD Thesis, University of Calcutta, Koltata, West Bengal, India.
- Bose, S., Duttsgupta, R. and Maitra, D.N. (1999). Phenotypic characteristics and management practices of Bengal sheep. The Indian Journal of Small Ruminant. 15: 18-22.
- Ganai, T.A.S., Misra, S.S., Sheikh, F.D. (2011). Description of Changthangi sheep of Ladakh. The Indian Journal of Small Ruminants. 17(1): 32-40.
- Jagatheesan, P.N.R. (2001). Performance of Mecheri breed of sheep in its home tract, PhD Thesis submitted to Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Chennai 51.
- Kandasamy, N., Paneerselvam, S., Devendran, P. and Thiruvenkadan, A.K. (2006). Final report on survey evaluation and characterization of Coimbatore sheep breed. Department of Animal Genetics and Breeding, VC&RI, Namakkal.
- Kumar, A., Misra, S.S., Sharma, R.C. and Gowane, G.R. (2021). Genetic parameters for sex ratio in an organised sheep farm. Indian Journal of Small Ruminants. 27(1): 31-36.
- Mishra, P.K., Barik, N., Patro, B.N. and Nayak, S. (2004). Production potentiality of Ganjam sheep under extensive management. The Indian Journal of Small Ruminants. 10(2): 171-172.
- Nimbkar, C., Ghalsasi, P.M., Walkden-Brown, S.W., Kahn, L.P. (2002). Breeding Program for the Genetic Improvement of Deccani Sheep of Maharashtra, India. 7th World Congress of Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, Montpellier, France. August 19-23.
- Pan, S., Sahoo, A.K., Tantia, M.S. and Ahlawat, S.P.S. (2004). Garole Sheep, NATP (MM) on Animal Genetic resource bio-diversity. West Bengal University of Agriculture and Fisheries Science (WBUAFS), Mohanpur and Kolkata, West Bengal and NBAGR, Karnal, Haryana, India.
- Rahman, M.M. and Huq, M.A. (1976). A comparative study of gestation period, prolificacy and lambing interval of native and upgraded Lohi sheep. Bangladesh Veterinary Journal. 10: 31-35.
- Raman, K.S., Sundararaman, M.N., Haribhaskar, S. and Ganesakale, D. (2003). Bometrics and breed characteristics of Madras red sheep. The Indian Journal of Small Ruminants. 9(1): 6-9.
- Rather, M.A., Hamadani, A., Malik, T.A., Bashir, I. and Ahmad, I. (2021). Genetic analysis of fitness traits of Kashmir Merino sheep at organized farms of Kashmir. Agricultural Science Digest. DOI: 10.18805/ag.D-5401.
- Rather, M.A., Magray, S., Ahanger, S.A., Baba, M.A., Shah, M.M., Rather, T.A., Farooq, Y. and Abbas, Q. (2019). Effect of some non-genetic factors and Fec-B gene introgression on performance traits of Kashmir Merino Sheep. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science. 8(8): 444-449.
- Sharma, R.C., Arora, A.L., Narula, H.K. and Singh, R.N. (1999). Characteristics of Garole sheep in India. AGRI. 26: 57-64.
- Singaravadivelan, A., Kumaravelu, N., Sivakumar, T., Karthickeyan, S.M.K. Vinothkumar, D. and Divyalakshmi, D. (2014). Reproductive performance of sheep in migratory and non- migratory flocks in southern Tamil Nadu. Indian Journal of Veterinary and Animal Science Research. 43(5): 376-381.
- Singh, R.N. and Bohra, S.D.J. (1996). Garole Sheep: A profile (Bengal breed of sheep locally known as Garole). The Indian Journal of Small Ruminants. 2: 38-43.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1994). Statistical Methods, Eighth Ed. Lowa State University Press, Ames, USA.
- Tariq, M.M., Bajwa, M.A., Abbas, F., Eyduran E., Awan, M.A., Ma- jed, R., Waheed A., Husssain, A., Bukhari F.A., Attiq, M.A., Ahmad, Z. and Javed, Y. (2011). Some morphological, fertility and growth traits for Mengali sheep of Balochistan, Pakistan. Journal of Institute of Science and Technology. 1(1): 63-68.
- Want, Q.H., Banday, M.T., Adil, S., Khan, H.M. and Hussain (2020). A survey on evaluation of reproductive performance of Kashmir Merino sheep under field conditions. The Pharma Innovation Journal. 9(9): 113-117.
Submitted Date : 27-08-2021
Accepted Date : 10-12-2021