Need of Azolla Production Techniques
Citation :- Need of Azolla Production Techniques .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2017.(32):151-154
Increasing population in the country is the challenge to food security as everyone has to be supplied with milk, meat and eggs. In the country, there is huge demand of fodder and concentrate which cannot be fulfilled. Azolla is the best option for the same. It can be cultivated in all areas of our country. The biggest advantage is that it can be cultivated in water with low investment. Feeding of Azolla to the animals is best for body growth, milk production and broiler farming.
Broiler farming and Milk production.
- Ambade, R.B., Jadhav, S.N. and Phalka, N.B. (2010). Impact of Azolla as a protein supplement & its influence on food utilization in livestock. Livestock line. 4 (4): 21-23.
- Chatterjee, A., Sharma, P., Ghos, M.K., Mondal, M. and Roy, P.K. (2013). Utilization of Azolla Microphylla as feed supplement for cross bred cow. 4: 207-214.
- Kamalasanen, P.et.al. (2004). Azolla- A suitable feed substitute for livestock, Spice India.
- Khan, M.M. (1983). A Prima on Azolla production and utilization in Agriculture. UPLB PLARRD and SEARCA, Los Banos http:/resource.cineam.org/om/pdf/c38/03400078.pdf accessed.
- Khare, A., Baghel, R.P.S., Gupta, R.S., Nayak, S., Khare, V. Paul, A., Sharma, R, Tomar, R., Singh, V.P. (2014). Milk production of indigenous cattle for supplement of mustard oil cake or a azolla meal (Azolla Filliculoides). 26 (4): 32-36.
- Kumar, K.R. (2008). A study on Azolla as an oil seed meal replacer in dairy animal ration. The Asian Journal of Animal science. 3(1): 96-97.
- Lejeunea, A., Penge, J., Boulenge L.E., Larondleeec, Y. and Van Hoove, C. (2000). Carotene content of Azolla and its variation during drying and storage treatment. 84:295-301.
- Lumpkin, T.A and Plucknut, T.L. (1982). Azolla as a green manure: used and management in crop production. West view press Boulder, Colorado, Tropical Agriculture series#15 pp 230.
- Mandal, R.N., Pandey, B.K., Chattopadhyay, D.N., Mukhopadhyay, P.K.(2012). Azolla-an adequate form of significance to small scale aquaculture. Aquaculture Asia.18 (1).Jan-March.
- Murthy, T.N.K., Ashok, M., Thrrumalesh, T., Umesh, B.U. and Natrajan, O.R. (2013). Effect of partial supplement of azolla for concentrate supplementation on lactating cross bred cow. Environment and Ecology. 31(2):415-417.
- Pillai, Kamlasanana, Premalatha, S. and rajamony, S. (2002). Azolla-A sustainable feed substitute for livestock. LEISA India. 4(1).
- Rawat, Nidhi, Kumari, K., Singh, F., Gilhare, V.R. (2015). Effect of Azolla supplemented feeding on milk production of Cattle and production of broiler. App. Biol. Reseacrch. 17 (2):214-18.
- Roy,Debashis, Kumar,V., Kumar,M., Sirohi,R., Singh Y. and Singh, J.K. (2015). Effect of feed of Azolla Pinnata on Growth performance, feed of Azolla pinnata on growth performance, feed intake, nutrient digestibility and biochemical of Hariana heifer fed on Sorghum based diet. IJDS.69(2):190-196.
- Srinivas, K.D., Prasad, R.M.V., Kishor, K.R. and Rao Ragharama, E. (2012). Effect of Azolla (Azolla pinnata) based concentrate mixture on nutrient utilization in buffalo calves. 46: 268-271.