Induction of Estrus in acyclic does under field conditions
Citation :- Induction of Estrus in acyclic does under field conditions .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2017.(32):123-124
The study was undertaken to evaluate the efficacy of nutritional therapeutic management for induction of estrus in acyclic does in order to increase the kidding percentage at farmers flock. The results indicated that under field condition deworming with suitable anthelmintic, proper feeding, mineral supplement and vitamin A, D-3 and E injection can be effectively used for the induction of estrus in goats in semi-arid environment.
Suitable Anthelmintica and Proper Feeding
- Almeida, A. M., Schwalbach, L. M. J., Cardoso, L. A., Greyling, J. P. C. (2007). Scrotal, testicular and semen characteristics of young Boer bucks fed winter veld hay: The effect of nutritional supplementation . Small Ruminant Research, 73:216-220.
- Griffiths, L.M., Loeffler, S.H., Socha, M.T., Tomlinson, D. J., Johnson, A.B. (2007). Effects of supplementing complexed zinc, manganese, copper and cobalt on lactation and reproductive performance of intensively grazed lactating dairy cattle on the South Island of New Zealand. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 137:69-83.
- Koyuncu, M.,Yerlikaya, H.(2007). Effect of selenium-vitamin E injections of ewes on reproduction and growth of their lambs. South African Journal of Animal Science.37:233-236.
- Landau, S. and Molle, G. (2006). Nutrition effects on fertility in small Ruminants and emphasis on Mediterranean sheep breeding system. CIHEAM Report PP 203-216.
- Schneider, J.E. (2004). Energy balance and reproduction Physiology and behavior, 81: 289 – 31.
- Smith, O.B. and Akinbamijo, O.O. (2000). Micronutrients and reproduction in farm animals. Animal reproduction science 60-61 : 549-560.
- Vázquez -Armijo, J. F., Rojo, R., López, D., Tinoco, J.L., González, A., Pescador, N. and Domínguez-Vara, I. A. (2011) Trace elements in sheep and goats reproduction: a review. Tropical and Subtropical Agroecosystems, 14:1-13.
- Wilde, D. (2006). Influence of macro and micro minerals in the peri-parturient period on fertility in dairy cattle. Animal Reproduction Science. 96 : 240-249.