Impact of potassium fertilization based front line demonstration on the production and income generation of potato growers
Citation :- Impact of potassium fertilization based front line demonstration on the production and income generation of potato growers .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2017.(32):112-114
Front line demonstrations are an applied approach to achieve the objective of transfer of recommended agricultural technologies to farmers' fields on large scale dissemination under observation of scientists of national agricultural system. Present study is based on consecutive 05 year FLDs based on use of potassium fertilizer in potato crop in the adopted villages of Krishi Vigyan Kendra in Gwalior district from 2007-08 to 2011-12. The highest yield of potato under these demonstrations was observed (325 q/ha) in the year 2011-12 which was recorded 25.48% higher over farmers practice. The 05 year average production under improved practices was 261.57 q/ha which was 34.51% higher over farmers practice.Similarly economics analysis based on 05 year average data showed net return and B:C ratio recorded higher under improved practices than farmers practice (No use of potassium fertilizer).
Income generation and potassium
- Sharma, J.P., Jha, A.K., Singh, A.K., Pan, R.S., Rai, M and Kumar, S. (2005) Screening of parental lines and their F1 crosses of brinlal (Solanum melongena) to ralstonia wilt. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences75 (4) : 197 – 99.
- FAO (2010). FAO Stastical year book 2010. Food and agricultural Organization of the United Nation, Rome, Italy.
- Moinuddin, Singh, Komal and Bansal, S.K. (2005). Growth yield and economics of potato in relation to progressive application of potassium fertilizer. J of Plant Nutr. 28 (1) : 183 – 200.
- Umar Sahid and Moinuddin (2001). Effect of sources and rates of potassium application on potato yield and economic return. Better Crop International15 (1) : 13 – 15.
- Singh, Janardhan and Bansal S.K. (2000). Relative effect of two sources of potassium on yield and economics of potato production in an inceptisole of Western U.P. J. of Potassium Res16 (1/4) : 52 – 54.
- Vyas, M.D., Patel, M.M, Saxena A and Jain A. (2003). Impact of improved technologies on soybean productivity and income generation of growers. JNKVV Res. J. 37 (1) : 111-13.