Chief EditorYashpal Singh Malik
Print ISSN 0303-3821
Online ISSN 0976-4631
NAAS Rating 3.07
Importance of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) in agriculture: A Review
First Online 10-09-2020|
- Abbas, Z.P., Saleh, R.N. and Rahmani, A.H. et al. (2010). Acta Physiol. Plant. 32: 281- 288.
- Adesemoye, A., Torbert, H. and Kloepper, J. (2009). Plant growth-promoting Rhizo- -bacteria allow reduced application rates of chemical fertilizers. Microbial Ecology, 58 (Suppl 4): 921-929.
- Adesemoye, A.O., Obini, M. and Ugoji, E.O. (2008). Braz. J. Microbiol. 39: 423-426.
- Ahmad, F., Ahmad, I. and Khan, M.S. (2005). Indole Acetic Acid Production by the Indigenous Isolates of Azotobacter and Fluorescent Pseudomonas in the Presence and absence of Tryptophan. Turkish Journal of Biology, 29: 29-34.
- Ahmad, F., Ahmad, I., Khan, M.S. (2008). Screening of free-living rhizospheric bacteria for their multiple plant growth promoting activities. Microbial Research, 163 (Suppl 2): 173-81.
- Akhtar, A., Hisamuddin, R.M.I., Abbasi and Rushda, S. (2012). Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria: An overview. Journal of Natural Product and Plant Resources. 2: 19-31.
- Aly, H, Kamalay, J, Walter, N, Okubara, P.A. and Taylor, C.G. (2007). Characterization of the Pseudomonas genus of bacteria for plantparasitic nematode contro L ASM Conference.
- Anjum, M.A., Sajjad, M.R., Akhtar, N., Qureshi, M.A., Iqbal, A., Jami, A.R., Mahmud-ul- Hasan. (2007). Response of cotton to plant growth promoting Rhizobacteria (PGPR) inoculation under different levels of nitrogen. Journal of Agricultural Research, 45 (Suppl 2): 135-143.
- Antoun, H. and Kloepper, J.W. (2001). Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR). In Encyclopedia of Genetics. Academic Press, New York. Edited by Brenner S, Miller JH, 1477–1480.
- Armada, E.; Portela, G.; Roldan, A.; Azcon, R. Combined use of beneficial soil micro- -organism and agrowaste residue to cope with plant water limitation under semiarid conditions. Geoderma 2014, 232: 640– 648. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Bashan, Y.; de-Bashan, L.E.; Prabhu, S.R.; Hernandez, J.P. Advances in plant growth- promoting bacterial inoculant technology: Formulations and practical perspectives (1998–2013). (A Marschner Review). Plant Soil 2014, 378: 1–33. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Butterbach-Bahl, K.; Baggs, E.M.; Dannenmann, M.; Kiese, R.; Zechmeister-Boltenstern, S. Nitrous oxide emissions from soils: How well do we understand the processes and their controls? Philos. Trans. R. Soc. B 2013, 368. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Calvo, P.; Nelson, L.M.; Kloepper, J.W. Agricultural uses of plant biostimulants. Plant Soil 2014, 383: 3–41. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Choudhary, D.K.; Sharma, K.P.; Gaur, R.K. Biotechnological perspectives of microbes in agro-ecosystems. Biotechnol. Lett. 2011, 33: 1905–1910. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Dey, R.; Pal, K.K.; Bhatt, D.M.; Chauhan, S.M. Growth promotion and yield enhancement of peanut (Arachis hypogeal L.) by application of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria. Microbiol. Res. 2004, 159: 371–394. [Google Scholar] [Cross Ref] [PubMed]
- Draft U.S. Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report: 1990–2014. Available online: https:// www3.epa.gov/climatechange/ghge missions/usinventoryreport.html (accessed on 23 March 2016).
- Galloway, J.N.; Townsend, A.R.; Erisman, J.W.; Bekunda, M.; Cai, Z.; Freney, J.R.; Martinelli, L.A.; Seitzinger, S.P.; Sutton, M.A. Transformation of the nitrogen cycle: Recent trends, questions and potential solutions. Science 2008, 320: 889–892. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Glick, B.R. Plant Growth-Promoting Bacteria: Mechanisms and Applications; Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Scientifica: Waterloo, Canada, 2012. [Google Scholar]
- Martinez-Viveros, O.; Jorquera, M.A.; Crowley, D.E.; Gajardo, G.; Mora, M.L. Mechanisms and practical considerations involved in plant growth promotion by rhizobacteria. J. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr. 2010, 10, 293– 319. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Nakkeeran, S.; Fernando, W.G.D.; Siddiqui, Z.A. Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria formulations and its scope in commercia- -lization for the management of pests and dideases. In PGPR: Biocontrol and Biofertilization; Siddiqui, Z.A., Ed.; Springer: Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2005; pp. 257–296. [Google Scholar].
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.