Effect of foliar application of nutrients on growth and yield of cowpea [Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp]
Citation :- Effect of foliar application of nutrients on growth and yield of cowpea [Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp] .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2019.(34):74-76
A research experiment was conducted during kharif season of 2017 at College of Agriculture, Research farm Gwalior (M.P.) under Department of Agronomy. On the basis of results obtained the treatment neem coated urea 2% spray at flower initiation gave significantly higher seed yield (1456 kg/ha), net monetary return (‘ 74396/ha), BCR (4.30) and harvest index (27.63%) as compared to other treatments but at par with treatment NPK (19 : 19 : 19) 2% spray at flower initiation and neem coated urea 2% + salicylic acid 75 ppm spray at flower initiation treatment.
- Afshari, M., Shekari, F., Azimkhani, R., Habibi, H. and Fotokin, M.H. (2013). Effect of foliar application of salicylic acid on growth and physiological attributes of cowpea under water stress conditions. Iran Agricultural Research, Vol. 32 No.1.
- Azarpour, E., Danesh, R.K., Mohammadi, S., Bozorgi, H.R. and Moraditochaee (2011). Effect of nitrogen fertilizer under foliar spraying of humic acid on yield and yield components of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata). World Applied Science Journal 13 : 1445-1449.
- Dey, Sonu., Prasad, Sant., Tiwari, Prabhat, and Sharma, Prashant (2017). Effect of urea, KCI, zinc placement & spray on growth of cowpea. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, SP 1 : 971-973.
- Ebrahim, A., Reza, K.D., Shirin, M., Hamid, R.B. and Maral M (2011). Effect of urea under foliar spraying on yield and yield components of cowpea. World Applied Science Journal 13 (6) : 1445-1449.
- Ganiger, T.S., Kareckatti, S.R. and Patil, P.C. (2003). Economics of use of plant growth regulators and urea in cowpea. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Science. 16 (1) : 35-38.