Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
TSS, Yield and Energetics of Stevia as Influenced by Nitrogen Levels and Spacing under Eastern U.P. Conditions
First Online 26-03-2021|
Methods: Field experiment was conducted at Eastern Block of Crop Research Farm, Department of Agronomy, Naini Agricultural Institute, Prayagraj during Zaid 2018. The experiment was carried out in randomized complete block design comprising of three N levels i.e. 50, 75 and 100 kg N/ha and inter row spacing of 30, 40 and 50 cm with 20 cm of plant to plant spacing. The study was carried out to find out response of nitrogen levels and spacing on stevia.
Result: Maximum plant height (51.24 cm), leaf area (4596.99 cm2) was observed with treatment 100 kg N ha-1 at 50 cm x 20 cm spacing and leaf area index (7.30), total soluble solids (TSS) (18.73 oBrix) was noticed with treatment 100 kg N ha-1 at 30 cm x 20 cm spacing, whereas the maximum Leaf number (342.52) was recorded with treatment 100 kg N ha-1 at 40 cm x 20 cm spacing. The results of this experiment revealed that increased dose of nitrogen with narrow spacing gave maximum quality.
- Aladakatti, Y.R., Palled, Y.B., Chetti, M.B., Halikatti, S.I., Alagundagi, S.C., Patil, P.L., Patil, V.C., Janawade, A.D. (2012). Effect of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium levels on growth and yield of stevia (Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni.). Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 25(1): 25-9.
- Barathi, N. (2003). Stevia- The calorie free natural sweetener. Natural Product Radiance. 2 pp. 120-122.
- Btru, T., Gebere, A., Melkamu, H., Belistie, L. (2017). Influence of plant population density on growth and yield of stevia (Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni L.). International Journal of Advanced Biological and Biomedical Research. 5(1): 19-26.
- Chalapathi, M.V., Rao, G.G., Thimmegowda, E., Devkumar, N., Chanderprakash, J. (1999). Influence of fertilizer levels on growth, yield and nutrient uptake of ratoon crop of stevia (Stevia rebaudiana). Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Sciences. 21: 947-49.
- Cheena, J. (2004). Effect of different levels of chemical fertilizers (NPK) with farmyard manure on yield and post-harvest processing studies of Stevia rebaudiana during rabi season (M.Sc. thesis) Hyderabad: Department of Horticulture, College of Agriculture, Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University.
- Hedau, N.K, Stanley, J., Tuti, M.D., Mina, B. (2014). Energy- use efficiency and economic analysis of vegetable cropping sequences under greenhouse condition. Energy efficiency. 7: 507-515.
- Inugraha, F., Maghfoer, M.D., Widaryanto, E. (2014). Response of stevia (Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni) to nitrogen and potassium fertilization. Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science. 7(10): 47-55.
- Kapuriya, V.K., Ameta, K.D., Teli, S.K., Chittora, A., Gathala, S., Yadav, S. (2017). Effect of spacing and training on growth and yield of polyhouse grown cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.). International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 6(8): 299-304.
- Kumar, R., Sood, S., Sharma, S., Kasana, R.C., Pathania, V.L., Singh, B., Singh, R.D. (2014). Effect of plant spacing and organic mulch on growth, yield and quality of natural sweetener plant Stevia and soil fertility in western Himalayas. International Journal of Plant Production. 8(3): 311-334.
- Kumar, R., Sharma, S., Ramesh, K., Prasad, R., Pathania, V.L., Singh, B., Singh, R.D. (2012). Effect of agro-techniques on the performance of natural sweetener plant-stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) under western Himalayan conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy. 57(1): 74-81.
- Lokesh, C.H., Hiremath, J.S., Mahantesh, P.S., Sharatbabu, A.G., Pooja, M.R., Nishchitha, M. (2018). Effect of Nitrogen and GA3 on Suppression of Flowering for Enhancement of Vegetative Phase in Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni.). International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 7(1): 412-419.
- Maheshwar, H.M. (2005). Effect of different levels of nitrogen and gates of planting on growth and yield of stevia (Stevia rebaudiana Bert.) (M.Sc. thesis) Dharwad: Department of Horticulture, College of Agriculture, Dharwad University of Agricultural Sciences.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1967). Statistical methods for Agricultural workers.Indian Council of Agricultural Research. New Delhi.
- Pahlavan, R., Omid, M., Akram, A. (2012). The relationship between energy inputs and crop yield in greenhouse basil production. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology. 14: 1243-1253.
- Ramesh, K., Singh, V., Megeji, N.W. (2006). Cultivation of stevia (Stevia rebaudiana Bert.): A comprehensive review. Advances in Agronomy. 89:137-177.
- Rashid, Z., Inamullah, S., Peer, Q.Z.A., Rashid, M., Souhila, R. (2015). Influence of crop geometry on yield, yield attributes and glycoside yield of Stevia rebaudiana. Journal of Applied and Natural Sciences. 7(1): 339-343.
- Taleie, N., Hamidoghli, Y., Rabiei, B., Hamidoghli, S. (2012). Effects of plant density and transplanting date on herbage, stevioside, phenol and flavonoid yield of Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences. 4(6): 298-302.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.