Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Yield gap analysis through demonstration in wheat crop under tribal area of Jabalpur, India
First Online 26-06-2017|
Demonstrations (Improved Practice-IP) on wheat variety GW-273 were conducted on farmers’ fields in Villages Bichhua and Sanjari of Kundam Block of Jabalpur district during rabi season of the year 2014-15. Prevailing farmers’ practices were treated as control for comparison with recommended practices. About 29.98 per cent higher grain yield was recorded under demonstrations over the farmers’ practices (Farmer Practice-FP). The average extension gap, technology gap and technology index were observed to be 7.34 q ha-1, 11.41 q ha-1 and 0.25, respectively. The study found, the yield of wheat in IP under irrigated conditions ranges from 24.20 to 42.20 q/ha whereas in FP it ranges between 16.72 to 38.93 q ha-1. The per cent increase in yield with IP over FP was recorded in the range of 0.05 to 76.68. The extension gap and technological index were ranging between 0.02-17.62 q/ha-1 and 0.06-0.46, respectively.
- Aggarwal PK, Hebbar KB, Venugopalan MV, Rani S, Bala A, Biswal A and Wani SP. (2008). Quantification of Yield Gaps in Rain-fed Rice, Wheat, Cotton and Mustard in India. Global Theme on Agroecosystems Report no. 43. Patancheru 502 324, Andhra Pradesh, India: International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics. 36 pages.
- Alshi,M.R.; Bhole,B.D. and Bidwai,P.N. (1988). Constraints of improved technology for commercial crops: A case study of crops in Vidharbha. Indian.J.Agril.Econ. 43(3):525-26.
- Behera,C. and Sahoo,M,S. (1999). Impact of national demonstration on adoption of agricultural practices. Indian J. Ext. Edu. 11:32-35.
- Raghuwanshi, Rajeev (2012). Impact of Farmer Field School (F.F.S.) on knowledge and adoption level of Wheat crop in Sanwer block of Indore district Madhya Pradesh. M.Sc.(Agri) Thesis Submitted to the Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Gwalior
- Singh,R.L and Rajput,A.M. (2000). Constraints in adoption of wheat production technology. Maharashtra J. Extn. Edun. 19(1):37-39.
- Singh, Sahdev; Tripathi,R.S and Singh,V.B. (1998). Technological gap in adoption of recommended wheat production practices in Jaunsar - Bharwar Tribal Farming system of Uttar Pradesh. Ann. Agri. Res. 19(1):39-43.
- Samui, S. K., Maitra, S., Roy, D. K., Mandal, A. K. and Saha, D. (2000). Evaluation of front line demonstration on groundnut. J Indian Soc. Coastal Agric. Res., 18(2): 180-183.
- Tiwari, B. K., Sharma Aashutosh, Sahare, K. V., Tripathi, P. N. and Singh, R. R. (2014). Yield gap analysis of wheat (triticum aestivum) through front line demonstration under limited irrigation conditions, Plant Archives ISSN 0972-5210Vol. 14 No. 1, pp. 495-498.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.