Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Effect of foliar application of micronutrients on growth and yield of onion (Allium cepa L.) c.v. Agri found dark red
First Online 01-07-2017|
A field experiment was conducted to determine the effect of foliar application of micronutrients on growth and yield of onion( Allium cepa L.) cv. Agri found dark red during kharif season of 2014-2015 at Horticulture Research Farm, Department of Horticulture, R.A.K. College of Agriculture, Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Sehore (M.P.). The experiment was laid out in randomized completely block design with three replications. The treatments consists of foliar sprays of 4 micronutrients , viz., Zn, Mn, B and Cu alone and in combination T1–Zn (0.5%), T2 -Mn (1.0%), T3 -B (0.25%), T4 -Cu(1.0%), T5 -Zn + Mn (0.5 + 1.0%), T6 -Zn + B( 0.5 + 0.25%), T7 -Zn + Cu (0.5 + 1.0%), T8 -Zn+ Mn+ B+ Cu (0.5 + 1.0 + 0.25 + 1.0%), T9 –Control. Treatment T3 -B (0.25%) was recorded the maximum 394.86 q ha-1 bulb yield followed by T8- Zn+ Mn+ B+ Cu (0.5 + 1.0 + 0.25 + 1.0%) 333.32 q ha-1. Highest net return of Rs 3,45,355 ha-1 with benefit cost ratio 7.98 was obtained in treatment T3 -B (0.25%).
- Abedin, M. J.; Alam, M. N.; Hossain, M. J.; Ara, N. A. and Haque, K. M. F. (2012). Effect of micronutrients on growth and yield of onion under calcareous soil environment. International Journal of Biosciences (IJB). 2 (8): 95-101.
- Anonymous (2013). Indian horticulture database -2013. National Horticulture Board , Gurgaon. pp. 286.
- Ballabh, K.; Rana, D. K. and Rawat, S. S. (2013). Effects of foliar application of micronutrients on growth, yield and quality of onion. Indian Journal of Horticulture. 70 (2): 260-265.
- Ballabh, Khashti and Rana, D. K. (2012). Response of micronutrients on qualitative and quantitative parameters of onion (Allium cepa L.). Progressive Horticulture. 44 (1): 40-46.
- Banepal, P. S., 1967. Influence of micronutrients on growth and yield of potatoes . Ame. Pot. J. 44 : 363-369.
- Bose, U.S. and Tripathi S.K. , 1996. Effect of micronutrients on growth, yield and quality of tomato cv. Pusa Ruby in M.P. Cro. Res. 12: 61-64.
- Fageria N.K., Baligar, V.C. and Clark , R.B. (2002). Micronutrients in crop production. Adv. Agro., 77: 185-268.
- Malik, M.N. (1994). Bulb crops, Onion. In Horticulture.National Book Foundation Islamabad Pakistan. pp. 500- 501.
- Manna, D.; Maity, T. K. and Ghosal, A. (2014). Influence of foliar application of boron and zinc on growth, yield and bulb quality of onion (Allium cepa L.). Journal of Crop and Weed. 10 (1): 53-55.
- Suman Smriti; Rajesh Kumar and Singh, S. K. (2002). Effect of sulphur and boron nutrition on growth, yield and quality of onion (Allium cepa L.). Journal of Applied Biology. 12 (1/2): 40-46.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.