Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Effect of integrated nutrient management on growth, yield and nutrient uptake of clusterbean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) under irrigated conditions
First Online 18-03-2016|
A field experiment was conducted during kharif season of 2014 to study the effect of integrated nutrient management on growth, yield and nutrient uptake of clusterbean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba). Significant improvement in growth, yield and nutrient uptake was recorded with sole and integrated application of nutrients through chemical fertilizers and biofertilizers. The results showed that application of 50, 75 and 100 % of recommended dose of fertilizer (20 kg N, 40 kg P2O5 /ha) was 21.2, 45.7 and 50.8 % over the control respectively. Association between Rhizobium and phosphate solublising bacteria was synergistic and inoculation of both fertilizers significantly improved the seed yield. Inoculation of Rhizobium, phosphate solublising bacteria and Rhizobium + phosphate solublising bacteria recorded 21.1, 14.1 and 24.7 % higher seed yield than the control respectively. However, the combination of both inoculants further failed to significantly increase the seed and straw yield of clusterbean further.
- Gomez, K. A. and Gomez, A. A. (1984) Statistical Procedures for Agricultural Research. John Willey and Sons, New York.
- Jackson, M. L. (1973) Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India Pvt Ltd, New Delhi.
- Palsania, D. R., Chaplot, P. C. and Parihar, C. M. (2002) Effect of sowing time, plant population and fertilizer levels on yield, protein content and economics of cluster bean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba). Agronomy Digest 2: 73-76.
- Saxena, Anurag., Singh, Y. V., Singh, D. V., Patidar, M. (2003) Production potential and economics of cluster bean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) - based cropping systems for arid regions. Indian Journal of Agronomy 48: 27-29.
- Singh, Raj (2002) Effect of integrated nutrient management clusterbean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) – wheat (Triticum aestivum) cropping system. Indian Journal of Agronomy 47: 41-45.
- Singh, R. V. and Singh, R. R. (1990) Uptake of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium by guar (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) as influenced by nitrogen with and without inoculation, phosphorus and seed rate under rainfed conditions. Annals of Agricultural Research 48 :27-29.
- Singh, R. V. and Singh, R. R. (1989) Effect of nitrogen, phosphorus and seeding rate on growth, yield and quality of guar (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy 34:53-56.
- Uday-Burman, Garg, B. K. and Shyam-Kathju (2007) Interactive effects of phosphorus, nitrogen and thiourea on clusterbean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) under rainfed conditions of the Indian arid zone. J. Plant Nutrition and Soil Sci.170:803-810.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.