LINE x TESTER ANALYSIS OVER ENVIRONMENTS IN PEARLMILLET [PENNISETUM GLAUCUM(L.} R. SR.]
Citation :- LINE x TESTER ANALYSIS OVER ENVIRONMENTS IN PEARLMILLET [PENNISETUM GLAUCUM(L.} R. SR.].Agricultural Science Digest.2000.(20):244-247
Combining ability for grain yield and its components was studied in line x tester mating
design using 12 male sterile lines and 12 restorer lines. The estimate of gca and sca
varia~ces indicated predominantly role of additive gene action for all the characters. Females
214A, 302A and 405A were good general combiners for grain yield and most of the yield
attributing characters. While testers J 2257 had significant gca effects for grain yield, days
to maturity, earhead length and 1000 grain weight. The cross combination 833A x J 2257
was identified with significant and positive sca effect for grain yield
- Chavan, A.A. and Nerkar, '1'.5. (1994). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 19 : 58-61.
- Dass, S., Yadav, H.P. and Deswal, D.P. (1984). Madras agric. J. 71 : 151-155.
- Kandasamy, G. and Ramalingan, R5. (1993). Crop Improv. Soc., India pp 28-29.
- Kempthorne, O. (1957). An Introduction to Genetical Statistics. John Willey & Sons., New York pp 458-471
- Navale, P.A. et al. (1991). J Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 16 : 17-19.
- Pethani, K.V. and Kapoor, RL. (1984+. Indian J. agric. Sci., 52 : 87-92.
- Pethani, K.v. and Kapoor, RL. (1995).'GAU Res. J., 20 : 87-93.
- Sahane, DV. et aI. (1996). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 21 : 42-45.