CORRELATION BETWEEN YIELD AND YIELD COMPONENTS IN RICE CORYZA SATIVA L.)
Citation :- CORRELATION BETWEEN YIELD AND YIELD COMPONENTS IN RICE CORYZA SATIVA L.).Agricultural Science Digest.2004.(24):280 - 282
The correlation coefficients of yield with seven other yield components and the association among themselves were worked out in.the F 4 and F 5 generations of the rice cross Zhenshan 97 A x IR 50. Except panicle exsertion all other traits showed positive and significant association with yield. Among the yield components, days to 50 per cent flowering, number of productive tiners per plant, panicle length, number of grains per panicle and 100 grain weight were found to be dependable attributes on which the selection would be concentrated for enhancing the yield.
- Adams, M.H. (1967). Crop Sci., 7: 505-510.
- Deosarkar, D. et al. (1989). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 14: 28-29.
- Ghoral, D.P. and Pande, K. (1982). Oryza, 19: 185-187.
- Goulden, C.H. (1952). Methods of Statistical Analysis. John Wiley and sons Inc., New York.
- Jangale, R.D. et al. (1987). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 12: 47-48.
- Marekar, RV. and Siddiqui, MA (1996). J. Maharashtra Agric. Univ., 21: 249-251.
- Miller, P.A. et al. (1958). Agron. J., 50: 126-131.
- Ramna Reddy, C. and Reddi. MV. (1981). Andhra Agric. J., 28: 26-28.
- Sarial AK and Ahuja, Uma (1991). In: Golden jubilee symposium on Genetic Research and Education. Indian
- Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding. Feb. 12-15, !ARl, New Delhi.
- Venkateshwara Rao, O. and Jagadish, C.A. (1987). J. Res. APAU., 15: 12-15.
- Verma, DK et al. (1997). Indian J. Genet., 57: 19-24.