ESTIMATION OF GENETIC PARAMETERS IN COTTON GENOTYPES
Citation :- ESTIMATION OF GENETIC PARAMETERS IN COTTON GENOTYPES.Agricultural Science Digest.2004.(24):209 - 211
Twenty nine genotypes of cotton (19 Gossypium hirsutum and 10 G. barbadense) were estimated for genetic variability. High heritability was recorded by bundle strength. Seed cotton yield per plant and number of bolls per plant combined high heritability and genetic advance as percentage of mean. Bundle strength, 2.5 per cent span length, fibre fineness and seed oil content registered high heritability and low genetic advance as percentage of mean.
- Basu, A.K. (1995). PKV Res.J., 18: 1-10.
- Kairon, M.S. (1997). Hindu, Survey of Indian Agriculture, 1997.
- Singh, R.K. and Choudhary, B.D. (1979). Biometrical Methods in Quantitative Genetic Analysis. 1st ed. Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi. 317p.
- Johnson, AW et a/. (1955). Agron. J., 47: 314-318.
- Kalsy. H.S. et a/. (1977). J. Indian Soc. Cotton Improv., 11: 17-22.
- Patil, R.A. and Chopde, P.R. (1983). J. Indian Soc. Cotton Improv., 8: 28-32