PHYSICO-QUAlifY CHANGES ASSOCIATED WITH GROWfH AND DEVELOPMENT OF BANANA (MUSA SP.) FRUIT CV. DWARF CAVENDISH
Citation :- PHYSICO-QUAlifY CHANGES ASSOCIATED WITH GROWfH AND DEVELOPMENT OF BANANA (MUSA SP.) FRUIT CV. DWARF CAVENDISH.Agricultural Science Digest.2004.(24):197 - 199
The present investigation was carried out during 1999–2000. The observations on growth and development of banana fingers were recorded at fortnightly intervals upto 60 days and there after at weekly intervals upto 102 days after shooting (DAS). The physical attributes of finger increased with the advancement of maturity. It was noted that the period between 30–60 DAS was most critical as it showed maximum increase. Fully matured fruits showed specific gravity of 1.023, TSS - 5.80°B, acidity - 0.50%, TSS/acid ratio 11.49 and ascorbic acid - 9.24 mg/100g. These values could be used as a standard for judging the maturity of banana cv. Dwarf Cavendish under Eastern Uttar Pradesh conditions.
- Abdullah, H. eta/. (1985). Mardi. Res. Bull., 13: 341-347.
- AO.A.C. (1990). Methods ofanalysis. 15th edn. Washington D.C.
- Dalal, V.B. and Suhramanyam, H. (1970). Climates Control, 3: 37-50.
- Miller, C.D. and Bajore, K. (1945). Hawaii Agric. Expt. Sta. Bull. pp. 96.
- Simmonds, N. (1953). J. Exp. Bot., 4: 87-105.
- Turner. B.W. and Barkus, B. (1982). Scientea Horticulture., 16: 239-252.
- Wardlaw, C.w. et al. (1939). Ann. Bot., 3: 845-860.