Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Full Research Article
Preliminary Results Regarding the Genetic History of a Native Horse Breed- Genetic Relationship between Sire Stallions and Broodmares
First Online 23-07-2022|
Methods: The research was carried out during 2012-2020. The material are represented by genealogical information from reproductive nucleus of Hucul breed from Lucina studfarm. The sample extracted from population was represented by seven sire stallions and seventy-three broodmares. The method are based on A matrix coefficients. All analysis were performed in the profile laboratories of Animal Sciences Faculties from Bucharest and Timisoara.
Result: Between individual average genetic relationship values of stallions with mares, is found significant differences, highlighted by the global test of homogeneity test (F = 4.891). These differences allow us to assert that, through stallions selection, is made a reproductive discrimination much more intense than in mares case. The average genetic relationship of the population was calculated at 0.1941±0.0053.
- Falconer, D.S., Mackay, T.F.C. (1997). Introduction to Quantitative Genetics, Fourth Edition. Longman Group Ltd., ISBN 9780582243026.
- Grosu, H. (1997). Linear Models in Animal Breeding, Coral Sanivet Publishing House, Bucharest.
- Maftei, M., Ianitchi, D., Pruna, M., Dronca, D. (2022). Partial results regarding the genetic determinism of growth process in a native horse breed using wither’s height, Indian Journal of Animal research. DOI: 10.18805/IJAR.BF-1435.
- Maftei, M., Popa, R., Popa, D., Mãrginean, Gh., Vlad, I., Gîrlea, M., Lăpuşte, T. (2011). Partial results regarding the genetic analysis of Hucul horse from Lucina studfarm: Reproductive isolation and age structure, Scientifi Papers, seria Animal Sciences, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Iasi. ISSN: 2067-2330.
- Maftei, M., Popa, R., Popa, D., Mrginean, G., Vidu, L., Vlad, I., Grlea, M., Lăpuşte, T. (2011). Partial results regarding the genetic analysis of thoroughbred horse from Cislãu studfarm: Reproductive isolation and age structure, Scientific Papers -Animal Sciences and Biotechnology-University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Timisoara. 44(1): 282-285.
- Marginean, Gh. E. et al. (2012). Hippology Treatise, Publishing House of Romanian Academy.
- Marginean, Gh., Georgescu, Gh., Maftei, M. (2005). Practical Workbook for Horse Exploitation, AgroTehnica Publishing House. Bucharest.
- Metzger, J., et al. (2015). Runs of homozygosity reveal signatures of positive selection for reproduction traits in breed and non-breed horses. BMC Genomics. 16: 764. https:/ /doi.org/10.1186/s12864-015-1977-3.
- Popa, R. (2009). Breeding Programms. Printech Publishing House, pp. 150-172.
- Popa, R., Sandulescu, D., Maftei, M. (2004). Important parameters of genetic analysis in Hucul horse breed from Lucina studfarm. Scientific Papers, Faculty of Animal Sciences. vol. 47, Iasi.
- Todd, E.T. et al. (2020). The effects of inbreeding on covering success, gestation length and foal sex ratio in Australian thoroughbred horses. BMC Genet. 21. 41 https://doi.org/ 10.1186/s12863-020-00847-1.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.