Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Beef colour defined based on pH in Holstein bull carcasses
First Online 30-01-2019|
- Abril, M., Campo, M., Önenç, A., Sañudo, C., Albertýì, P., Negueruela, A. (2001). Beef colour evolution as a function of ultimate pH. Meat Science, 58: 69-78.
- Ardicli, S., Samli, H., Dincel, D., Soyudal, B., Balci, F. (2017). Individual and combined effects of CAPN1, CAST, LEP and GHR gene polymorphisms on carcass characteristics and meat quality in Holstein bulls. Archives Animal Breeding, 60: 303-313.
- Aydin, R., Yanar, M., Diler, A., Kocyigit, R., Tuzemen, N. (2013). Effects of different slaughter ages on the fattening performance, slaughter and carcass traits of Brown Swiss and Holstein Friesian young bulls. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 47: 10-16.
- Bureš, D. and Bartoò, L. (2012). Growth performance, carcass traits and meat quality of bulls and heifers slaughtered at different ages. Czech Journal of Animal Science, 57: 34-43.
- Chambaz, A., Scheeder, M., Kreuzer, M., Dufey, P. A. (2003). Meat quality of Angus, Simmental, Charolais and Limousin steers compared at the same intramuscular fat content. Meat Science, 63: 491-500.
- Diler, A., Kocyigit, R., Yanar, M., Aydin, R., Tuzemen, N. (2016). Effects of different initial weights on fattening performance, slaughter and carcass characteristics of Holstein Friesian and Brown Swiss young bulls. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 50: 112-117.
- Ekiz, B., Yilmaz, A., Ozcan, M., Kaptan, C., Hanoglu, H., Erdogan, I., Yalcintan, H. (2009). Carcass measurements and meat quality of Turkish Merino, Ramlic, Kivircik, Chios and Imroz lambs raised under an intensive production system. Meat Science, 82: 64-70.
- Horcada, A., Juárez, M., Molina, A., Valera, M., Beriain, M.J. (2013). Instrumental colour measurement as a tool for light veal carcasses online evaluation. Archives Animal Breeding, 56: 851-860.
- Kadim, I., Mahgoub, O., Al-Ajmi, D., Al-Maqbaly, R., Al-Mugheiry, S., Bartolome, D. (2004). The influence of season on quality characteristics of hot-boned beef m. longissimus thoracis. Meat Science, 66: 831-836.
- Kim, Y. S., Yoon, S. K., Song, Y. H., Lee, S. K. (2003). Effect of season on color of Hanwoo (Korean native cattle) beef. Meat Science, 63: 509-513,.
- Kreikemeier, K. K., Unruh, J. A., Eck, T. P. (1998). Factors affecting the occurrence of dark-cutting beef and selected carcass traits in finished beef cattle. Journal of Animal Science, 76: 388-395,.
- Mach, N., Bach, A., Velarde, A., Devant, M. (2008). Association between animal, transportation, slaughterhouse practices, and meat pH in beef. Meat Science, 78: 232-238.
- Mancini, R. and Hunt, M. (2005). Current research in meat color. Meat Science, 71: 100-121.
- Murray, A. (1989). Factors affecting beef color at time of grading. Canadian Journal of Animal Science, 69: 347-355.
- Pipek, P., Haberl, A., Jeleniková, J. (2003). Influence of slaughterhouse handling on the quality of beef carcasses. Czech Journal of Animal Science, 48: 371-378.
- Priolo, A., Micol, D., Agabriel, J. (2001). Effects of grass feeding systems on ruminant meat colour and flavour. A review. Animal Research, 50: 185-200.
- Warner, R., Greenwood, P., Pethick, D., Ferguson, D. (2010). Genetic and environmental effects on meat quality. Meat Science, 86: 171-183.
- Wêglarz, A. (2010). Meat quality defined based on pH and colour depending on cattle category and slaughter season. Czech Journal of Animal Science, 55: 548-556.
- Yazdani, A.R. and Hajilari, D. (2009). Management of feeding triticale on the growth performance of crossbred feedlot cattle. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 43: 183-186.
- Yazdani, A.R., Hajilari, D., Ghorbani, M.H. (2009). Effect of clinoptilolite zeolite on feedlot performance and carcass characteristics in Holstein steers. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 43: 300-303.
- Zhu, L. and Brewer, M. (1998). Discoloration of fresh pork as related to muscle and display conditions. Journal Food Science, 63: 763-767.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.