Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Aerobic exercise regulating expression of ERá and ERâ in prostate to prevent benign prostatic hyperplasia of obesity mice
First Online 30-01-2019|
- Alcaraz, A., P. Hammerer, A. Tubaro, F. Schröder and R. Castro (2009). “Is there evidence of a relationship between benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer? Findings of a literature review.” Eur. Urol. 55(4): 864-873.
- Brown, C. T. and M. Emberton (2009). “Self-management for men with lower urinary tract symptoms.” Curr Urol Rep 10(4): 261-266.
- Corona, G., L. Vignozzi and G. Rastrelli (2014). “Benign prostatic hyperplasia: a new metabolic disease of the aging male and its correlation with sexual dysfunctions.” 2014: 329456.
- Freisling, H., M. Arnold, I. Soerjomataram, M. O’Doherty, J. Ordóñez-Mena, C. Bamia, E. Kampman, M. Leitzmann, I. Romieu, F. Kee, K. Tsilidis, A. Tjønneland, A. Trichopoulou, P. Boffetta, V. Benetou, H. Bueno-de-Mesquita, J. Huerta, H. Brenner, T. Wilsgaard and M. Jenab (2017). “Comparison of general obesity and measures of body fat distribution in older adults in relation to cancer risk: meta-analysis of individual participant data of seven prospective cohorts in Europe.” Br. J. Cancer 116(11): 1486-1497.
- Gabal, S. M., F. M. Habib, D. O. Helmy and M. F. Ibrahim (2007). “Expression of estrogen receptor-B ( ER-B ) in bengin and malignant prostatic epithelial cells and its correlation with the clinico-pathological features.” J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 19(4): 239-248.
- Hu, W. Y., G. B. Shi, D. P. Hu, J. L. Nelles and G. S. Prins (2012). “Actions of estrogens and endocrine disrupting chemicals on human prostate stem/progenitor cells and prostate cancer risk.” Mol Cell Endocrinol. 354(1-2): 63-73.
- Jarred, R. A., S. J. McPherson, J. J. Bianco, J. F. Couse, K. S. Korach and G. P. Risbridger (2002). “Prostate phenotypes in estrogen- modulated transgenic mice.” Trends Endocrinol Metab. 13(4): 163-168.
- Jitnarin, N., V. Kosulwat, N. Rojroongwasinkul, A. Boonpraderm, C. K. Haddock and W. S. Poston (2011). “Prevalence of overweight and obesity in Thai population: results of the National Thai Food Consumption Survey.” Eat Weight Disord. 16(4): e242-249.
- Jung, S., E. N. Lee, S. R. Lee, M. S. Kim and M. S. Lee (2012). “Tai chi for lower urinary tract symptoms and quality of life in elderly patients with benign prostate hypertrophy: a randomized controlled trial.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012: 624692.
- Kristal, A. R., K. B. Arnold, J. M. Schenk, M. L. Neuhouser, N. Weiss, P. Goodman, C. M. Antvelink, D. F. Penson and I. M. Thompson (2007). “Race/ethnicity, obesity, health related behaviors and the risk of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia: results from the prostate cancer prevention trial.” J Urol. 177(4): 1395-1400; quiz 1591.
- Lee, H. W., S. A. Kim, J. W. Nam, M. K. Kim, B. Y. Choi and H. S. Moon (2014). “The study about physical activity for subjects with prevention of benign prostate hyperplasia.” Int Neurourol J. 18(3): 155-162.
- Mohamud, W. N., K. I. Musa, A. S. Khir, A. A. Ismail, I. S. Ismail, K. A. Kadir, N. A. Kamaruddin, N. A. Yaacob, N. Mustafa, O. Ali, S. H. Isa and W. M. Bebakar (2011). “Prevalence of overweight and obesity among adult Malaysians: an update.” Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 20(1): 35-41.
- Parikesit, D., C. Mochtar, R. Umbas and A. Hamid (2016). “The impact of obesity towards prostate diseases.” Prostate Int. 4(1): 1-6.
- Poon, K. S. and K. T. McVary (2009). “Dietary patterns, supplement use, and the risk of benign prostatic hyperplasia.” Curr Urol Rep. 10(4): 279-286.
- Rhodes, L., V. D. Ding, R. K. Kemp, M. S. Khan, A. M. Nakhla, B. Pikounis, W. Rosner, H. M. Saunders and W. P. Feeney (2000). “Estradiol causes a dose-dependent stimulation of prostate growth in castrated beagle dogs.” Prostate. 44(1): 8-18.
- Schefer, V. and M. I. Talan (1996). “Oxygen consumption in adult and AGED C57BL/6J mice during acute treadmill exercise of different intensity.” Exp Gerontol. 31(3): 387-392.
- Sugiyama, N., R. P. Barros, M. Warner and J. A. Gustafsson (2010). “ERbeta: recent understanding of estrogen signaling.” Trends Endocrinol Metab. 21(9): 545-552.
- Wang, H. H., C. J. Hsieh, K. J. Lin, S. H. Chu, C. K. Chuang, H. W. Chen, M. L. Hsieh, T. M. Wang, Y. Chen, K. L. Liu, H. C. Huang, Y. C. Hsu and Y. J. Chiang (2011). “Waist circumference is an independent risk factor for prostatic hyperplasia in Taiwanese males.” Asian J Surg. 34(4): 163-167.
- Wang, S., Q. Mao, Y. Lin, J. Wu, X. Wang, X. Zheng and L. Xie (2012). “Body mass index and risk of BPH: a meta-analysis.” Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 15(3): 265-272.
- Winter, M. L. and J. G. Liehr (1996). “Possible mechanism of induction of benign prostatic hyperplasia by estradiol and dihydrotestosterone in dogs.” Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 136(2): 211-219.
- Xiang-Yun, L., X. Ying-Wen, X. Chen-Jing, W. Jiu-Jiu, P. Qi, G. Bo and S. Zu-Yue (2010). “Possible mechanism of benign prostatic hyperplasia induced by androgen-estrogen ratios in castrated rats.” Indian J Pharmacol. 42(5): 312-317.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.