- Alcaraz, A., P. Hammerer, A. Tubaro, F. Schröder and R. Castro (2009). “Is there evidence of a relationship between benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer? Findings of a literature review.” Eur. Urol. 55(4): 864-873.
- Brown, C. T. and M. Emberton (2009). “Self-management for men with lower urinary tract symptoms.” Curr Urol Rep 10(4): 261-266.
- Corona, G., L. Vignozzi and G. Rastrelli (2014). “Benign prostatic hyperplasia: a new metabolic disease of the aging male and its correlation with sexual dysfunctions.” 2014: 329456.
- Freisling, H., M. Arnold, I. Soerjomataram, M. O’Doherty, J. Ordóñez-Mena, C. Bamia, E. Kampman, M. Leitzmann, I. Romieu, F. Kee, K. Tsilidis, A. Tjønneland, A. Trichopoulou, P. Boffetta, V. Benetou, H. Bueno-de-Mesquita, J. Huerta, H. Brenner, T. Wilsgaard and M. Jenab (2017). “Comparison of general obesity and measures of body fat distribution in older adults in relation to cancer risk: meta-analysis of individual participant data of seven prospective cohorts in Europe.” Br. J. Cancer 116(11): 1486-1497.
- Gabal, S. M., F. M. Habib, D. O. Helmy and M. F. Ibrahim (2007). “Expression of estrogen receptor-B ( ER-B ) in bengin and malignant prostatic epithelial cells and its correlation with the clinico-pathological features.” J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 19(4): 239-248.
- Hu, W. Y., G. B. Shi, D. P. Hu, J. L. Nelles and G. S. Prins (2012). “Actions of estrogens and endocrine disrupting chemicals on human prostate stem/progenitor cells and prostate cancer risk.” Mol Cell Endocrinol. 354(1-2): 63-73.
- Jarred, R. A., S. J. McPherson, J. J. Bianco, J. F. Couse, K. S. Korach and G. P. Risbridger (2002). “Prostate phenotypes in estrogen- modulated transgenic mice.” Trends Endocrinol Metab. 13(4): 163-168.
- Jitnarin, N., V. Kosulwat, N. Rojroongwasinkul, A. Boonpraderm, C. K. Haddock and W. S. Poston (2011). “Prevalence of overweight and obesity in Thai population: results of the National Thai Food Consumption Survey.” Eat Weight Disord. 16(4): e242-249.
- Jung, S., E. N. Lee, S. R. Lee, M. S. Kim and M. S. Lee (2012). “Tai chi for lower urinary tract symptoms and quality of life in elderly patients with benign prostate hypertrophy: a randomized controlled trial.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012: 624692.
- Kristal, A. R., K. B. Arnold, J. M. Schenk, M. L. Neuhouser, N. Weiss, P. Goodman, C. M. Antvelink, D. F. Penson and I. M. Thompson (2007). “Race/ethnicity, obesity, health related behaviors and the risk of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia: results from the prostate cancer prevention trial.” J Urol. 177(4): 1395-1400; quiz 1591.
- Lee, H. W., S. A. Kim, J. W. Nam, M. K. Kim, B. Y. Choi and H. S. Moon (2014). “The study about physical activity for subjects with prevention of benign prostate hyperplasia.” Int Neurourol J. 18(3): 155-162.
- Mohamud, W. N., K. I. Musa, A. S. Khir, A. A. Ismail, I. S. Ismail, K. A. Kadir, N. A. Kamaruddin, N. A. Yaacob, N. Mustafa, O. Ali, S. H. Isa and W. M. Bebakar (2011). “Prevalence of overweight and obesity among adult Malaysians: an update.” Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 20(1): 35-41.
- Parikesit, D., C. Mochtar, R. Umbas and A. Hamid (2016). “The impact of obesity towards prostate diseases.” Prostate Int. 4(1): 1-6.
- Poon, K. S. and K. T. McVary (2009). “Dietary patterns, supplement use, and the risk of benign prostatic hyperplasia.” Curr Urol Rep. 10(4): 279-286.
- Rhodes, L., V. D. Ding, R. K. Kemp, M. S. Khan, A. M. Nakhla, B. Pikounis, W. Rosner, H. M. Saunders and W. P. Feeney (2000). “Estradiol causes a dose-dependent stimulation of prostate growth in castrated beagle dogs.” Prostate. 44(1): 8-18.
- Schefer, V. and M. I. Talan (1996). “Oxygen consumption in adult and AGED C57BL/6J mice during acute treadmill exercise of different intensity.” Exp Gerontol. 31(3): 387-392.
- Sugiyama, N., R. P. Barros, M. Warner and J. A. Gustafsson (2010). “ERbeta: recent understanding of estrogen signaling.” Trends Endocrinol Metab. 21(9): 545-552.
- Wang, H. H., C. J. Hsieh, K. J. Lin, S. H. Chu, C. K. Chuang, H. W. Chen, M. L. Hsieh, T. M. Wang, Y. Chen, K. L. Liu, H. C. Huang, Y. C. Hsu and Y. J. Chiang (2011). “Waist circumference is an independent risk factor for prostatic hyperplasia in Taiwanese males.” Asian J Surg. 34(4): 163-167.
- Wang, S., Q. Mao, Y. Lin, J. Wu, X. Wang, X. Zheng and L. Xie (2012). “Body mass index and risk of BPH: a meta-analysis.” Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 15(3): 265-272.
- Winter, M. L. and J. G. Liehr (1996). “Possible mechanism of induction of benign prostatic hyperplasia by estradiol and dihydrotestosterone in dogs.” Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 136(2): 211-219.
- Xiang-Yun, L., X. Ying-Wen, X. Chen-Jing, W. Jiu-Jiu, P. Qi, G. Bo and S. Zu-Yue (2010). “Possible mechanism of benign prostatic hyperplasia induced by androgen-estrogen ratios in castrated rats.” Indian J Pharmacol. 42(5): 312-317.
Submitted Date : 31-05-2018
Accepted Date : 17-10-2018