Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Comparative study of nutritional composition of adults and juveniles of Coilia mystus collected from the Yangtze Estuary
First Online 03-01-2019|
- Bender, D. A. (2012). Amino acids synthesized from glutamate: glutamine, proline, ornithine, citrulline and arginine, Amino Acid Metabolism. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, 157-223.
- Bing, X. W., Cai, B. Y. and Wang, L. P. (2005). Evaluation of nutritive quality and nutritional components in Spinibarbus sinensis muscle. J. Fish. Sci. China, 12: 211-215. (in Chinese).
- Chen, F. and Cheng, Q. Q. (2012). Microsatellite DNA diversity of Coilia mystus (clupeiformes: Engraulidae) in three Chinese estuaries. Iranian J. Fish. Sci., 11: 271-282.
- Cheng, Q. Q., Ma, C. Y., Cheng, H. P. and Zhang, Q. Y. (2008). Mitochondrial DNA diversity of Coilia mystus (clupeiformes: Engraulidae) in three Chinese estuaries. Environ. Biol. Fish., 83: 277-282.
- Cui, Y., Wu, Y., Xu, Z. L. and Zhang, J. (2015). Potential dietary influence on the stable isotopes and fatty acid composition of migratory anchovy (Coilia mystus) around the Changjiang estuary. J. Mar. Biol. Assoc. UK, 95: 193-205.
- Das, S., Paul, B. N., Sengupta, J. and Datta, A. K. (2009). Beneficial effects of fish oil to human health: A review. Agric. Rev., 30: 199-205.
- FAO/WHO. (1973). Energy and Protein Requirements. Technical Report Series No.522. WHO, Geneva.
- Grigorakis, K. (2007). Compositional and organoleptic quality of fanned and wild gilthead sea bream (Sparus aurata) and sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) and factors affecting it: A review. Aquaculture, 272: 55-75.
- Guo, A., Chen, F., Zhu, W. B., Wang, Z. M., Jiang, R. J. and Zhou, Y. D. (2016). The food variation in different ontogenetic stages of Coilia mystus in the East China Sea and Southern Yellow Sea. J. Zhejiang Ocean U. (Nat. Sci.), 35:8-14. (in Chinese).
- He, W. P., Li, Y. X., Liu, M., Radhakrishnan, K. V., Li, Z. J., Murphy, B. R. and Xie, S. G. (2011). Reproductive biology of Coilia mystus (linnaeus) from the Yangtze Estuary, China: Responses to overexploitation. J. Appl. Ichthyol., 27: 1197-1202.
- He, W. P., Li, Z. J., Liu, J. S., Li, Y. X., Murphy, B. R. and Xie, S. G. (2008). Validation of a method of estimating age, modelling growth, and describing the age composition of Coilia mystus from the Yangtze Estuary, China. Ices J. Mar. Sci., 65: 1655-1661.
- Kang, P., Liu, Y. L., Zhu, H. L., Li, S., Shi, H. F., Chen, F., Leng, W. B., Pi, D. N., Hou, Y. Q. and Yi, D. (2015). The effect of aspartate on the energy metabolism in the liver of weanling pigs challenged with lipopolysaccharide. Eur. J. Nutr., 54: 581-588.
- Kaya, Y. and Kocatepe, D. (2014). Chemical composition and nutritional quality of Scorpion fish (Scorpaena porcus, linnaeus 1758) muscle. Indian J. Anim. Res., 48: 83-87.
- Lambert, I. H., Kristensen, D. M., Holm, J. B. and Mortensen, O. H. (2015). Physiological role of taurine - from organism to organelle. Acta Physiol., 213: 191-212.
- Liu, K., Xu, D. P., Duan, J. R., Zhang, M. Y. and Shi, W. G. (2009). Biochemical components and energy density of muscle and ovary of Coilia mystus in the estuary of Yangtze River. J. Shanghai Ocean U., 18: 302-307. (in Chinese).
- Liu, K., Xu, D. P., Duan, J. R., Zhang, M. Y., Fang, D., Zhou, Y. F. and Shi, W. G. (2013). Fluctuation of biological characteristics and yield of Coilia mystus in fishing season after impoundment of the Three Gorges Dam in Yangtze river estuary. Resour. Environ. Yangtze basin, 22: 1282-1288. (in Chinese).
- Paul, G. and Watson, R. R. (2014). Effects of omega-3 fatty acids on Alzheimer’s disease. Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Brain and Neurological Health, 231-235.
- Pellett, P. L. and Yong, V. R. (1980). Nutritional Evaluation of Protein foods. Tokyo: The United National University Publishing Company, Tolyo, 26-29.
- Sarma, D., Dhar Das, P., Das, P., Bisht, H.C.S., Akhtar, M.S. and Ciji, A. (2015). Fatty acid, amino acid and mineral composition of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) of Indian Himalaya. Indian J. Anim. Res., 49: 399-404.
- Song, C., Hu, C. S., Zhao, F., Zhang, T. and Zhuang P. (2017). Lipid and fatty acid profile in different tissues of wild adult female Cynoglossus gracilis Günther, 1873 in Yangtze Estuary. Indian J. Anim. Res., DOI: 10.18805/ijar.B-699.
- Song, C., Zhao, F., Liu, J. Y., Wang, Y., Huang, X. R. and Zhuang P. (2018). Proximate composition and fatty acid profile in different tissues of juvenile Siganus guttatus fed with Enteromorpha prolifera. Indian J. Anim. Res., DOI: 10.18805/ijar.B-886.
- Swanson, D., Block, R. and Mousa, S. A. (2012). Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA: Health benefits throughout life. Adv. Nutr., 3: 1-7.
- Thakur, D. P., Morioka, K., Itoh, Y. and Obatake, A. (2002). Influence of muscle biochemical constituents on the meat texture of cultured yellowtail (Seriola quinqueradiata) at different anatomical locations. J. Sci. Food Agr., 82: 1541-1550.
- Wang, H. H., Zhang, T., Song, C., Zhao, F., Bi, X. J., Zhang, L. Z. and Zhuang, P. (2016). Age structure and growth characteristics of reproductive population of Colia mystus in the Yangtze Estuary. Mar. Fish., 38: 609-615. (in Chinese).
- Wen, Y., and Gao, Q. (2016). Role of Omega-3 fatty acid in major cardiovascular events-A current view. In: Hegde, M., Zanwar, A. and Adekar, S. (eds) Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Springer, Cham.
- Yang, J., Arai, T., Liu, H. and Miyazaki, N. (2006 a). Environmental signature in the otolith elemental fingerprint of the tapertail anchovy, Coilia mystus, from the Changjiang estuary, China. J. Appl. Ichthyol., 22: 459-462.
- Yang, J., Arai, T., Liu, H., Miyazaki, N. and Tsukamoto, K. (2006 b). Reconstructing habitat use of Coilia mystus and Coilia ectenes of the Yangtze River estuary, and of Coilia ectenes of Taihu lake, based on otolith strontium and calcium. J. Fish Biol., 69: 1120-1135.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.