Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Association of milk flow curve and prevalence of mastitis pathogens in dairy cows
First Online 22-08-2018|
- Ambord, S., Bruckmaier, R.M. (2009). Milk flow-controlled changes of pulsation ratio and pulsation rate affect milking characteristics in dairy cows. The Journal of Dairy Research, 76:272-277.
- Antalík, P., Strapák, P. (2011). Effect of parity and lactation stage on milk flow characteristics of Slovak simmental dairy cows. Veterinarija ir Zootechnika, 54:8-13.
- Barkema, H.W., Schukken, Y.H., Zadoks, R.N. (2006). Invited review: the role of cow, pathogen, and treatment regimen in the therapeutic success of bovine Staphylococcus aureus mastitis. Journal of Dairy Science, 89:1877-1895.
- Bhatt, V.D., Ahir, V.B., Koringa, P.G., Jakhesara, S.J., Rank, D.S., Nauriyal, D.S., Kunjadia, A.P., Joshi, C.G. (2012). Milk microbiome signatures of subclinical mastitis-affected cattle analysed by shotgun sequencing. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 112:639-650.
- Biswadeep, J., Kumar, P. N., Abhishek, S. and Abrar, A. (2015). Subclinical bovine mastitis in rural, peri-urban and Suburban Regions of Jaipur District of Rajasthan. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 5:175-182.
- Brezovan, D., Manzat, R.M., Sincai, M. (2010). Investigations regarding the correlation between Staphylococcus aureus as agent of cattle mastitis and the milk cytogram. Lucrãri stiinþifice Medicinã Veterinarã Timisoara, 1:218-223.
- Cervinkova, D., Vlkova, H., Borodacova, I., Makovcova, J., Babak, V., Lorencova, A., Vrtkova, I., Marosevic, D., Jaglic, Z. (2013). Prevalence of mastitis pathogens in milk from clinically healthy cows. Veterinarni Medicina, 58: 567-575.
- Ciftci, A., Findik, A., Onuk, E.E, Savasan, S. (2009). Detection of methicillin resistance and slime factor production of Staphylococcus aureus in bovine mastitis. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, 40:254-261.
- Dzidic, A., Macuhova, J., Bruckmaier, R.M. (2004). Effects of cleaning duration and water temperature on oxytocin release and milk removal in an automatic milking system. Journal of Dairy Science, 87:4163-4169.
- Gundogan, N., Ataol, O., Gunal, S. (2012). Determination of some virulence factors in staphylococci isolated from meat and milk products. Arch. Lebensmittelhyg, 63:182-186.
- Gundogan, N., Ataol, O., Torlak, F.O. (2013). Determination of some virulence factors in staphylococcus aureus, enterococcus faecalis and enterococcus faecium isolated from meat and milk products. Journal of Food Safety, 33:387-393.
- Hammer, J. F., Morton, J. M., Kerrisk, K.L. (2012). Quarter-milking-, quarter-, udder- and lactation-level risk factors and indicators for clinical mastitis during lactation in pasture-fed dairy cows managed in an automatic milking system. Australian Veterinary Journal, 90:167-174.
- Harmon, R.J. (1994). Physiology of mastitis and factors affecting somatic cell counts. Journal of Dairy Science, 77:2103-2112.
- Harmon, R.J., Eberhart, R.J., Jasper, D.E., Langlois, B.E., Wilson, M.S. (1990). Bacteriological procedures for diagnosis of bovine udder infection. National Mastitis Council. Arlington: 34.
- Jingar, S.C., Mehla, R.K., Singh, M., Kumar, A., Kantwa, S.C., Singh, N. (2014). Comparative study on the incidence of mastitis during different parities in cows and buffaloes. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 48:194-197.
- Mijic, P., Knezevic, I., Domacinovic, M., Ivankovic, A., Ivkic, Z. (2005). Relationship between various phases of milk flow at mechanical milking system and the somatic cell count in cows’ milk. Journal of Animal and Feed Sciences, 14:483-490.
- Petzl, W., Zerbe, H., Günther, J., Yang, W., Seyfert, H.M., Nürnberg, G., Schuberth, H.J. (2008). Escherichia coli, but not Staphylococcus aureus triggers an early increased expression of factors contributing to the innate immune defense in the udder of the cow. Veterinary Research, 39:18-40.
- Rasmussen, M.D. (2004). Overmilking and teat condition. Proc. 43rd Annual Meeting of the National Mastitis Council. Natl. Mastitis Counc., Verona, WI., 169-175.
- Samoré, A.B., Román-Ponce, S.I., Vacirca, F., Frigo, E., Canavesi, F., Bagnato, A., Maltecca, C. (2011). Bimodality and the genetics of milk flow traits in the Italian Holstein-Friesian breed. Journal of Dairy Science, 94:4081-4089.
- Sandrucci, A., Tamburini, A., Bava, L., Zucali, M. (2007). Factors affecting milk flow traits in dairy cows: results of a field study. Journal of Dairy Science, 90:1159-1167.
- Saravanan R., Das D.N., De S., Panneerselvam S. (2015). Effect of season and parity on somatic cell count across zebu and crossbred cattle population. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 49:383-387.
- Sharma, A., Pankaj V., Chhabra, R., Sindhu, N. (2012). Prevalence of subclinical mastitis in cows: its etiology and antibiogram. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 46:348- 353.
- Sharma, N. (2007). Alternative approach to control intramammary infection in Dairy Cows: A review. Asian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances, 2:50-62.
- Sharma, N., Rho, G.J., Hong, Y.H., Kang, T.Y., Lee, H.K., Hur, T.Y., Jeong, D.K. (2012). Bovine mastitis: An Asian perspective. Asian Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances, 7:454-476.
- Sharma, N., Singh, N.K., Bhadwall, M.S. (2011). Relationship of somatic cell count and mastitis: an overview. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences, 24:429-438.
- Singh M. and Garg A. (2011). Incidence of different pathogens and milk compositional changes in sub-clinical and clinical milk samples of cows. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 45 (1):51 – 55.
- Sitkowska, B., Piwczyñski, D., Wójcik, P. (2018). Milking traits affected by milking frequency during first month of lactation. Italian Journal of Animal Science, 1-8.
- Strapák, P., Antalík, P., Szencziová, I. (2011). Milkability evaluation of Holstein dairy cows by Lactocorder. Journal of Agrobiology, 28:139-146.
- Tamburini, A., Bava, L., Piccinini, R., Zecconi, A., Zucali, M., Sandrucci, A. (2010). Milk emission and udder health status in primiparous dairy cows during lactation. Journal of Dairy Research, 77:13-19.
- Tancin, V., Bruckmaier, R.M. (2001). Factors affecting milk ejection and removal during milking and suckling of dairy cows. Veterinary Medicine-Czech, 46:108-118.
- Tancin, V., Ipema, A.H., Hogewerf, P. (2007). Interaction of somatic cell count and quarter milk flow patterns. Journal of Dairy Science, 90:2223-2228.
- Tufani N.A., Makhdoomi D.M., Hafiz A. (2012). Epidemiology and therapeutic management of bovine mastitis. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 46 (2):148-151.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.