- AOAC (2000). Official Methods of Analysis. 19th ed. AOAC international, Washington, DC.
- Arangsri, M., Pattarajinda, V., Duangjinda, M., Mungkalasiri, J., Angthong, W. and Bernard, J. K. (2017). Impact of fermented total mixed rations on intake, VFA and methane production of dairy heifers. Indian J. Anim. Res., DOI: 10.18805/ijar.B-749.
- Calberry, J. M., Plaizier, J. C. M., Einarson, S. and McBride, B. W. (2003). Effects of replacing chopped alfalfa hay with alfalfa silage in a total mixed ration on production and rumen conditions of lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci.,86: 3611–9.
- Couderc, J. J., Rearte, H. D., Schroeder, G. F., Ronchi, J. I. and Santini F. J. (2006). Silage chop length and hay supplementation on milk yield, chewing activity, and ruminal digestion by dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci.,89: 3599–3608.
- Felton, C. A. and DeVries, T. J. (2010). Effect of water addition to a total mixed ration on feed temperature, feed intake, sorting behaviour and milk production of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci.,93:2651-2660.
- Leonardi, C., Giannico, F. and Armentano, L. E. (2005). Effect of water addition on selective consumption (sorting) of dry diets by dairy cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 88:1043-1049.
- Li, F., Zongjun, L., Shengxiang, L., James Ferguson, D., Cao, Y., Yao, J. and Sun, F. (2014). Effect of dietary physically effective fibre on ruminal fermentation and the fatty acid profile of milk in dairy goats. J. Dairy Sci.,97: 2281–2290.
- Mertens, D. R. (1997). Creating a system for meeting the fibre requirements of dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci., 80:1463–1481.
- Mertens D. R. (2002). Measuring fibre and its effectiveness in ruminant diets. In Proc. Plains nutrition conference, San Antonio, TX.
- Miller-Cushon, E. K. and DeVries, T. J.(2009). Effect of dietary dry matter concentration on the sorting behaviour of lactating dairy cows fed a total mixed ration. J. Dairy Sci.,92:3292-3298.
- Miyaji, M., Matsuyama, H. and Nonaka, K.(2017). Effect of ensiling process of total mixed ration on fermentation profile, nutrient loss and in situ ruminal degradation characteristics of diet. Anim. Sci. J.,88:134–139.
- NRC (2001). Nutrient Requirement of Dairy Cattle. 7th rev. Ed. National Academy Press, National Research Council, Washington, DC.
- SAS (2002) . The SAS System.Version 9.0, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC. USA.
- Samuel, M., Sagathewan, S., Thomas, J. and Mathen, G. (1997). An HPLC method for estimation of volatile fatty acids of ruminal fluid. Indian J Anim Sci.67:805–807.
- Storm, A. C. and Kristensen, N. B.(2010). Effects of particle size and dry matter content of a total mixed ration on intraruminal equilibration and net portal flux of volatile fatty acids in lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci., 93:4223–4238.
- Teimouri Yansari, A., Valizadeh, R., Naserian, A., Christensen, D. A., Yu, P. and F. Eftekhari Shahroodi. (2004). Effects of alfalfa particle size and specific gravity on chewing activity, digestibility, and performance of Holstein dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci.,87: 3912–3924.
- Van Soest, P. J., Robertson J. B. and Lewis, B. A.(1991). Methods for dietary fibre, neutral detergent fibre, and nonstarch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy Sci.,74: 3583-97.
- Yang, W. Z. and Beauchemin, K. A.(2006). Effect of physically effective fibre on chewing activity and rumen pH of dairy cows fed diets based on barley silage. J. Dairy Sci.,89:217-228.
- Yuangklang, C., Vasupen, K., Wittayakun, S., Srinanaun, P. and Sukho, C.(2004). Effect of total mixed ration and fermented total mixed ration on feed intake, ruminal fermentation, nutrient digestibility and blood metabolites in dairy cows. In: Proceeding of the 11th AAAP Congress “ New Dimensions and Challenges for Sustainable Livestock Farming” The Asian-Australian Association of Animal Production Societies, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Submitted Date : 18-01-2018
Accepted Date : 12-06-2018