Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Baicalein ameliorates cadmium-induced hepatic and renal oxidative damage in rats
First Online 23-04-2018|
- Akomolafe, R.O., Imafidon, C.E., Olukiran, O.S., Oladele, A.A., and Ajayi, A.O. (2016). Livolin Forte ameliorates cadmium-induced kidney injury in wistar rats. Serbian Journal of Experimental and Clinical Research, 17: 107-116.
- Amin, A., Hamza, A., Daoud, S., and Hamza, W. (2006). Spirulina protects against cadmium-induced hepatotoxicity in rats. American Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 1: 21-25.
- Choi, J.H. and Rhee, S.J. (2001). Effects of green tea catechin on cadimium accumulation in chronic cadmium poisoned rats. Journal of Nutrition and Health, 34: 384-392.
- Dhanalakshmi, B. and Gawdaman, G. (2013). Determination of heavy metals in goat milk through ICP-OES. Asian Journal Of Dairy And Food Research, 32: 186-190.
- Du, X., Lan, T., Yuan, B., Chen, J., Hu, J., Ren, W., and Chen, Z. (2015). Cadmium-induced microsatellite instability in the kidneys and leukocytes of C57BL/6J mice. Environmental toxicology, 30: 683-692.
- Edwards, C.D., Beatty, J.C., Loiselle, J.B., Vlassov, K.A., Lefebvre, D.D. (2013). Aerobic transformation of cadmium through metal sulfide biosynthesis in photosynthetic microorganisms. BMC Microbiology, 15: 161-171.
- Erdogan, Z., Erdogan, S., Celik, S. and Unlu, A. (2005). Effects of ascorbic acid on cadmium-induced oxidative stress and performance of broilers. Biological trace element Research, 104: 19-31.
- Ezedom, T. and Asagba, S.O. (2016). Effect of a controlled food-chain mediated exposure to cadmium and arsenic on oxidative enzymes in the tissues of rats. Toxicology Reports, 3: 708-715.
- Gaurav, D., Preet, S. and Dua, K. (2011). Protective influence of dietary nutrients on antioxidant defense system in the blood of rats treated with cadmium. Adv. Appl. Sci. Res, 2: 69-78.
- Horiguchi, H., Sato, M., Konno, N., Fukushima, M. (1996). Long-term cadmium exposure induces anemia in rats through hypoinduction of erythropoietin in the kidneys. Archives of toxicology, 71: 11-19.
- Josthna, P., Geetharathan, T., Sujatha, P. and Deepika, G. (2012). Accumulation of lead and cadmium in the organs and tissues of albino rat. International Journal of Pharmacy & Life Sciences, 3: 2186-2189.
- Li, J., Wu, Y., Zhang, S., Zhang, J., Ji, F., Bo, W., Guo, X. and Li, Z. (2015). Baicalein protect pancreatic injury in rats with severe acute pancreatitis by inhibiting pro-inflammatory cytokines expression. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 466: 664-669.
- Li, Z., Xia, X., Zhang, S., Zhang, A., Bo, W., and Zhou, R. (2009). Up-regulation of Toll-like receptor 4 was suppressed by emodin and baicalin in the setting of acute pancreatitis. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 63: 120-128.
- Liu, W., Gu, J., Liu, X., Bian, J., Yuan, Y., Zhu, J. and Liu, Z. (2016). CaMKII plays a central role in alteration of calcium homeostasis and MAPKs involved in osteoblast apoptosis induced by cadmium. Toxicology Letters, S172-S173.
- Murugavel, P. and Pari, L. (2007). Effects of diallyl tetrasulfide on cadmium-induced oxidative damage in the liver of rats. Human & Experimental Toxicology, 26: 527-534.
- Nisha, A.R., Nair, A.M.C., Gopakumar N. and Joy, A.D. (2009). Assessment of cadmium concentration and its relation with serum biochemical parameters in cattle in cadmium industrial effluent contaminated area. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 43: 206-208.
- Prabu, S.M., Muthumani, M. and Shagirtha, K. (2012). Protective effect of Piper betle leaf extract against cadmium-induced oxidative stress and hepatic dysfunction in rats. Saudi journal of biological sciences, 19: 229-239.
- Sakr, S., Bayomy, M., El-Morsy, A. (2015). Rosemary extract ameliorates cadmium-induced histological changes and oxidative damage in the liver of albino rat. The Journal of Basic & Applied Zoology 71: 1-9.
- Shahat, A.N.E., Azeem, A.M.A., Mekawey, H.M.S., El-megid, M.H.M.A. (2017). Studying the effect of g-irradiated celery leaves on antioxidant status and cardiac enzymes in hypercholesterolemic rats. Indian Journal Of Animal Research, DOI:10.18805/ ijar.v0iOF.9146.
- Stohs, S.J., Bagchi, D., Hassoun, E., Bagchi, M. (2001). Oxidative mechanisms in the toxicity of chromium and cadmium ions. Journal of Environmental Pathology, Toxicology and Oncology, 20: 77-88.
- Tang, W. and Shaikh, Z.A. (2001). Renal cortical mitochondrial dysfunction upon cadmium metallothionein administration to Sprague- Dawley rats. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health Part A, 63: 221-235.
- Veljkovic, A.R., Nikolic, R.S., Kocic, G.M., Pavlovic, D.D., Cvetkovic, T.P., Sokolovic, D.T., Jevtovic, T.M., Basic, J.T., Laketic, D.M. and Marinkovic, M.R. (2012). Protective effects of glutathione and lipoic acid against cadmium-induced oxidative stress in rat’s kidney. Renal failure, 34: 1281-1287.
- Wang, J., Zhu, H., Liu, X. and Liu, Z. (2014). Oxidative stress and Ca2+ signals Involved on cadmium-Induced apoptosis in rat hepatocyte. Biological Trace Element Research, 161: 180-189.
- Wang, M., Li, W., Wang, X., Yang, D., Wang, Z. and Wang, L. (2017). CaMKII is involved in subcellular Ca2+ redistribution-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress leading to apoptosis in primary cultures of rat proximal tubular cells exposed to lead. Oncotarget, 53: 91162-91173.
- Xu, B., Xu, Z., Deng, Y. and Yang, J. (2010). Protective effects of Chlorpromazine and Verapamil against cadmium-induced kidney damage in vivo. Experimental and Toxicologic Pathology, 62: 27-34.
- Zhang, W., Hao and H., Sha, A. (2016). Effects of the Coreopsis tinctoria extracts on anti-aging in the aging model mice. Indian Journal Of Animal Research, 50: 769-772.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.