Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Radiographic morphometry of the hoof and third phalanx of apparently healthy Nigerian horses
First Online 17-04-2018|
- Cripps, P.J. and Eustace, R.A. (1999). Radiological measurements from the feet of normal horses with relevance to laminitis. Equine Veterinary Journal, 31: 427–432.
- Ememe, M. U., Tchokote, E. Y. and Akpuoye, O. C. (2015).Studies on haematological parameters in horses located in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Merit Research Journal of Biochemistry and Bioinformatics, 3(1): 001-004.
- Ihedioha, J.I. and Agina, O.A. (2013). Serum biochemistry profile of nigerian horses (Equuscaballus, linnaeus 1758). Animal Research International, 10(3): 1826 – 1833.
- Kaneene, J.B., Ross, W.A. and Miller, R. (1997). The Michigan equine monitoring system. 2. Frequencies and impact of selected health problems. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 29: 277–292.
- Kobluk, C.N., Robinson, R.A., Gordon, B.J., Clanton, C.J., Trent, A.M. and Ames, T.R., (1990).The effect of conformation and shoeing: A cohort study of 95 Thoroughbred racehorses. Proceedings of the 36th Annual Convention of the American Association of Equine Practitioners, Lexington, Kentucky, USA, pp. 259–274.
- Kumar, C., Kamboj, M. L., Chandra, S. and Kumar, A. (2017). Dairy cattle welfare in India: A review, Asian J. Dairy and Food Res, 36(2) : 85-92.
- Kummer, M., Lischer, C., Ohlerth, S., Vargas, J. and Auer, J. (2004).Evaluation of a standardised radiographic technique of the equine hoof. Schweizer Archivfur Tierheilkunde, 416: 507–514.
- Linford, R.L., O’Brien, T.R. and Trout, D.R. (1993). Qualitative and morphometric radiographic findings in the distal phalanx and digital soft tissues of sound Thoroughbred racehorses. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 54: 38–51.
- Man, S., Lathwal, S. S., Yajuvendra, S., Mohanty, T. K., Ruhil, A. P. and Navav, S. (2015). Prediction of lameness based on the percent body weight distribution to individual limbs of Karan Fries cows, Indian J. Anim. Res., 49 (3): 392-398.
- Mansmann, R.A. and vomOrde, K.E., (2007). Preventive foot care programs. In: Equine Podiatry [Floyd, A.E., Mansmann, R.A.(Eds.)]. Saunders Elsevier., St. Louis, Missouri, USA, pp. 414–431.
- Masoudifard, M., Vajhi, A.R., Mansouri, Sh., Molazem, M., Bahonar, A.R. and Zehtabvar, O. (2014).Radiographic measurements of front feet of the sound Akhal-Teke horses. Iranian Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 8(1): 21-25
- O’Brien, T., Baker, T. A., Brounts, S. H., Sample, S. J., Markel, M. D., Scollay, M. C., Marquis, P. and Muir, P. (2011). Detection of articular pathology of the distal aspect of the third metacarpal bonein thoroughbred racehorses: comparison of radiology, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging. Vet. Surgery, 40(8): 942-951.
- Peloso, J.G., Cohen, N.D., Walker, M.A., Watkins, J.P., Gayle, J.M. and Moyer, W. (1996). Case-control study of risk factors for the development of laminitis in the contralateral limb in Equidae with unilateral lameness. J Am Vet Med Assoc., 209: 1746-1749.
- Perreaux, E. (2002). Observations of assymetrical horses. The Farrier, 96: 10–24.
- Pollitt, C.C. (2008). Clinical anatomy and physiology of the normal equine foot. Equine Vet. Ed., 4: 219-224.
- Redden, R. (2003). Radiographic imaging of the equine foot. The Veterinary Clinics Equine Practice, 19: 379–392.
- Sing, A. and Gill, S. (2004). Laminitis in dairy cattle - with special reference to nutrition and managemental factors - A review. Agric. Rev., 25 (1): 64 - 69.
- Turner, T.A. (2006). How to subjectively and objectively examine the equine foot. Proceedings of the 52nd Annual Convention of the American Association of Equine Practitioners, San Antonio, Texas, USA, pp. 531–537.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.