Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Parity-dependent association between IL-12Râ2 and IL-23R gene polymorphisms and clinical mastitis in Chinese Holstein cows
First Online 15-11-2018|
- Alluwaimi AM; Leutenegger C; Farver T; Rossitto P; Smith W; Cullor J. (2003). The cytokine markers in Staphylococcus aureus mastitis of bovine mammary gland. J. Vet. Med. B Infect. Dis. Vet. Public Health. 50:105–111.
- Castle SC. (2000). Clinical relevance of age-related immune dysfunction. Clin Infect Dis 31:578–585.
- Fulop T; Larbi A; Wikby A; Mocchegiani E; Hirokawa K; Pawelec G. (2005). Dysregulation of T-cell function in the elderly: scientific basis and clinical implications. Drugs Aging, 22:589–603.
- Langrish C; McKenzie B; Wilson N; Malefyt R; Kastelein R; Cua D. (2004). IL-12 and IL-23: Master regulators of innate and adaptive immunity. Immunol. Rev. 202:96–105.
- Mao YJ, Zhu XR, Xing SY, Zhang MR, Wang XL, Cheng D, Zhang HM, Sven K, Yang ZP, Yang LG. (2015) Polymorphisms in the promoter of interleukin-12 â2 and interleukin-23 receptor genes influence milk production traits in Chinese Holstein cows. Livestock Science. 178:1-8.
- Nash DL; Rogers GW; Cooper JB; Hargrove G; Keown JF. (2003). Heritability of intramammary in fections at first parturition relationships with sire transmitting abilities for somatic cell score, udder type traits, productive life, and protein yield. J. Dairy Sci. 86:2684–2695.
- Petropoulou C; Chondrogianni N; Simões D; Agiostratidou G; Drosopoulos N; Kotsota V; Gonos ES. (2000). Aging and longevity. A paradigm of complementation between homeostatic mechanisms and genetic control. Ann NY Acad Sci. 908:133–142.
- Remmers EF; Cosan F; Kirino Y; Ombrello MJ; Abaci N; Satorius C. (2010). Genome-wide association study identifies variants in the MHC class I, IL10,and IL23R–IL12RB2 regions associated with Behcet’s disease. Nat. Genet. 42:698–702.
- Ruegg PL. (2003). Investigation of mastitis problems on farms. Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract. 19:47–73
- Rupp R; Boichard D. (1999). Genetic parameters for clinical mastitis, somatic cell score, production, udder type and milking easy in first lactation Holsteins. J. Dairy Sci. 82:2198–2204
- Shook GE. (2006). Major advances in determining appropriate selection goals. J Dairy Sci. 89:1349–1361.
- Skelding A; Schenkel FS; Sharma BS; Verschoor C; Pant S; Biggar G; Boermans H; Karrow N. (2010). Identification of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the bovine interleukin-12 and interleukin-23 receptor genes and their associations with health and production traits in Holstein cows. J. Dairy Sci. 93 :4860–4871.
- Sole X; Guino E; Valls J; Iniesta R; Moreno V. (2006). SNPStats: a web tool for the analysis of association studies. Bioinformatics, 22: 1928-1929.
- Thompson-Crispi KA; Miglior F; Mallarda BA. (2013). Incidence Rates of Clinical Mastitis among Canadian Holsteins Classified as High, Average, or Low Immune Responders. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology. 20:106–112.
- van de Vosse E; Lichtenauer-Kaligis E; Dissel J; Ottenhoff T. (2003). Genetic variations in the interleukin-12/interleukin-23 receptor (â1) chain, and implications for IL-12 and IL-23 receptor structure and function. Immunogenetics. 54:817–829.
- Welderufael BG; Lovendahl P; De Koning DJ; Janss LLG; Fikse WF. (2018). Genome-wide association study for susceptibility to and recoverability from mastitis in Danish Holstein cows. Frontiers in Genetics 9: 141.
- Wojdak-Maksymiec K; Szyda J; Strabel T. (2013). Parity-dependent association between TNF-á and LTF gene polymorphisms and clinical mastitis in dairy cattle. BMC Veterinary Research. 9:114-121.
- Wolff C; Espetvedt M; Lind AK; Rintakoski S; Egenvall A; Lindberg A; Emanuelson U. (2012). Completeness of the disease recording systems for dairy cows in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden with special reference to clinical mastitis. BMC Veterinary Research, 8:131.
- Xavier JM; Shahram F; Davatchi F; Rosa A; Crespo J; Abdollahi BS. (2012). Association study of IL10 and IL23R–IL12RB2 in Iranian patients with Behcet’s disease. Arthritis Rheum. 64:2761–2772.
- Yilmaz V; Yentur S; Saruhan-Direskeneli G. (2005). IL-12 and IL-10 polymorphisms and their effects on cytokine production. Cytokine. 30:188–194.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.