Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Critical thresholds of Ion Concentration in Plasma for Hypocalcemia prediction in dairy cows using receiver operating characteristic (ROC) analysis
First Online 29-07-2017|
- Reinhardt, T A, Lippolis, J D, Mccluskey, B J, et al. (2011). Prevalence of subclinical hypocalcemia in dairy herds. Veterinary Journal. 188:122-124.
- Fikadu W, Tegegne D, Abdela N, et al. (2016). Milk fever and its economic consequences in dairy cows: A Review. Global Veterinaria. 16:441-452.
- Ramberg C. F., Johnson E. K., Fargo R. D., et al. (1984). Calcium homeostasis in cows, with special reference to parturient hypocalcemia. American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology. 246: R698-R704.
- Fan Z, Shu S, Xu C, et al. (2017). Protein profiling of plasma proteins in dairy cows with subclinical hypocalcaemia. Irish Veterinary Journal. 70:3.
- Caixeta L S, Ospina P A, Capel M B, et al. (2015). The association of subclinical hypocalcemia, negative energy balance and disease with bodyweight change during the first 30 days post-partum in dairy cows milked with automatic milking systems. Veterinary Journal. 204:150-156.
- Roberts T., Chapinal N., LeBlanc S. J., et al. (2012). Metabolic parameters in transition cows as indicators for early-lactation culling risk. Journal of Dairy Science. 95: 3057-3063.
- Chapinal N., LeBlanc S. J., Carson M. E., et al. (2012). Herd-level association of serum metabolites in the transition period with disease, milk production, and early lactation reproductive performance. Journal of Dairy Science. 95: 5676-5682.
- Chamberlain A. T., Wilkinson J. M. (2002). Feeding the Dairy Cow. Chalcombe Publications, Lincoln, UK.
- Goff J. P. (2004). Macromineral disorders of the transition cow. Vet Clin Food Anim Pract. 20: 471-494.
- Sorensen J. T., Ostergaard S., Houe H., et al. (2002). Expert opinions of strategies for milk fever control. Prev Vet Med. 55: 69-78.
- Goff J. P., Horst R. L. (1997). Effects of the addition of potassium or sodium, but not calcium, to prepartum rations on milk fever in dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 80: 176-186.
- Lean I. J., DeGaris P. J., McNeil D. M., et al. (2006). Hypocalcemia in dairy cows: meta-analysis and dietary cation anion difference theory revisited. J Dairy Sci. 89: 669-684.
- Sun Y, Wang B, Shu S, et al. (2015). Critical thresholds of liver function parameters for ketosis prediction in dairy cows using receiver operating characteristic (ROC) analysis. Veterinary Quarterly. 35(3):1-6.
- Ling W, Zhang H, Xu C, et al. (2016). Critical Thresholds of Antioxidant and Immune Function Parameters for Se deficiency Prediction in Dairy Cows. Biological Trace Element Research. 172:320-325.
- Gardner I. A., Greiner M. (2006). Receiver operating characteristic curves and likelihood ratios: improvements over traditional methods for the evaluation and application of veterinary clinical pathology tests. Veterinary Clinical Pathology. 35: 8-17.
- Houe H., Ostergaard S., Thilsing-Hansen T., et al. (2001). Milk fever and subclinical hypocalcaemia-an evaluation of parameters on incidence risk, diagnosis, risk factors and biological effects as input for a decision support system for disease control. Acta Vet Scand. 42: 1-29.
- McNair S. L., Stickler G. B. (1969). Growth in familial hypophosphatemic vitamin-D-resistant rickets. N Engl J Med. 281: 1386-1389.
- Prapong, S., Reinhardt, T.A., Goff, J.P., Horst, R.L., (2005). Short communication: Ca2+- adenosine triphosphatase protein expression in the mammary gland of periparturient cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 88: 1741–1744.
- Melendez, P., Goff, J.P., Risco, C.A., et al. (2007). Prepartum monensin supplementation improves body reserves at calving and milk yield in Holstein cows dried-off with low body condition score. Research in Veterinary Science. 82: 349–357.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.