Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Transcriptome analysis of castrated Bovine reveals the characters of protein accumulation
First Online 28-07-2017|
RNA-Seq, a new developing high-throughput sequencing technology in recent years, provides a new and more effective method for research in the genes’ expression. The technology has been used to further improve our understanding on the function of the gene structure information and excavate the new transcripts and new genes. In this study, RNA-seq was employed to study the changes of the proteins after castration in cattle. The results showed the differential expression proteins between castrated cattle and noncastrated cattle were mainly lied in immunity, lipid and fatty acid metabolism and protein synthesis. Through GO and KEGG pathway enrichment analysis, the differential expression proteins were enriched in PPAR pathway which involved in meat quality traits and lipid metabolism and immunity. In addition, the genes were mainly involved in metabolic pathways, such as ECM-receptor, interaction MAPK, signaling pathway PPAR, protein phosphorylation. The function of the proteins involved in castration were not clear and needed further researches.
- Cherfaoui M, Durand D, Bonnet M, Bernard L, Bauchart D, Ortigues-Marty I, Gruffat D. 2013. A grass-based diet favours muscle n- 3 long-chain PUFA deposition without modifying gene expression of proteins involved in their synthesis or uptake in Charolais steers. Animal 7: 1833-1840.
- Finck BN, Bernal-Mizrachi C, Han DH, Coleman T, Sambandam N, LaRiviere LL,Holloszy JO, Semenkovich CF, Kelly DP. 2005. A potential link between muscle peroxisome proliferator- activated receptor-alpha signaling and obesity-related diabetes. Cell Metab 1: 133-144.
- Fu J., F. Oveisi, S. Gaetani, E. Lin, and D. Piomelli. 2005. Oleoylethanolamide, an endogenous PPAR-alpha agonist, lowers body weight and hyperlipidemia in obese rats. Neuropharmacology 48: 1147-1153.
- Jeong J, Bong J, Kim GD, Joo ST, Lee HJ, Baik M. 2013. Transcriptome changes favoring intramuscular fat deposition in the longissimus muscle following castration of bulls. J Anim Sci 91: 4692-4704.
- Jeong, S., and M. Yoon. 2011. 17 beta-Estradiol inhibition of PPARgamma-induced adipogenesis and adipocyte-specific gene expression. Acta Pharmacol Sin 32: 230-238.
- Kang, H. J., N. H. Trang, and M. Baik. 2015. Effects of Dietary Restriction on the Expression of Lipid Metabolism and Growth Hormone Signaling Genes in the Longissimus dorsi Muscle of Korean Cattle Steers. Asian-Australas J Anim Sci 28: 1187-1193.
- Kubo M, Fukui M, Ito Y, Kitao T, Shirahase H, Hinoi E, Yoneda Y. 2014. Insulin Sensitization by a Novel Partial Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor ã Agonist With Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B Inhibitory Activity in Experimental Osteoporotic Rats. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences 124: 276-285.
- Lee HJ, Jang M, Kim H, Kwak W, Park W, Hwang JY, Lee CK, Jang GW, Park MN, Kim HC, Jeong JY, Seo KS, Kim H, Cho S, Lee BY. 2013. Comparative Transcriptome Analysis of Adipose Tissues Reveals that ECM-Receptor Interaction Is Involved in the Depot-Specific Adipogenesis in Cattle. PLoS One 8: e66267.
- Lengi, AJ, Corl BA. 2007. Identification and characterization of a novel bovine stearoyl-CoA desaturase isoform with homology to human SCD5. Lipids 42: 499-508.
- Maharani D, Jung Y, Jung WY, Jo C, Ryoo SH, Lee SH, Yeon SH, Lee JH. 2012. Association of five candidate genes with fatty acid composition in Korean cattle. Mol Biol Rep 39: 6113-6121.
- Monteiro AC, Navas DR, Lemos JP. Navas, J. P. Lemos. 2014. Effects of castration and time-on-feed on Mertolenga breed beef quality. Animal 8: 675-682.
- Picard B, Berri C, Lefaucheur L, Molette C, Sayd T, Terlouw C. 2010. Skeletal muscle proteomics in livestock production. Brief Funct Genomics 9: 259-278.
- Stafford KJ and Mellor DJ. 2005. The welfare significance of the castration of cattle: a review. N Z Vet J 53: 271-278.
- Taniguchi M, Utsugi T, Oyama K, Mannen H, Kobayashi M, Tanabe Y, Ogino A, Tsuji S. 2004. Genotype of stearoyl-CoA desaturase is associated with fatty acid composition in Japanese Black cattle. Mammalian Genome 15: 142-148.
- Trapnell C, Roberts A, Goff L, Pertea G, Kim D, Kelley DR, Pimentel H, Salzberg SL, Rinn JL, Pachter L. 2012. Differential gene and transcript expression analysis of RNA-seq experiments with TopHat and Cufflinks. Nat Protoc 7: 562-578.
- Tsuchida A, Yamauchi T, Takekawa S, Hada Y, Ito Y, Maki T, Kadowaki T. 2005. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)alpha activation increases adiponectin receptors and reduces obesity-related inflammation in adipose tissue: comparison of activation of PPARalpha, PPARgamma, and their combination. Diabetes 54: 3358-3370.
- Wang YH, Bower NI, Reverter A, Tan SH, De Jager N, Wang R, McWilliam SM, Cafe LM, Greenwood PL, Lehnert SA. 2009. Gene expression patterns during intramuscular fat development in cattle. J Anim Sci 87: 119-130.
- Wilbanks MS, Gust KA, Atwa S, Sunesara I, Johnson D, Ang CY, Meyer SA, Perkins EJ. 2014. Validation of a genomics-based hypothetical adverse outcome pathway: 2,4-dinitrotoluene perturbs PPAR signaling thus impairing energy metabolism and exercise endurance. Toxicol Sci 141: 44-58.
- Yoon, M. 2009. The role of PPARalpha in lipid metabolism and obesity: focusing on the effects of estrogen on PPARalpha actions. Pharmacol Res 60: 151-159.
- Zhang H, Su D, Yang Y, Zhang W, Liu Y, Bai G, Ma M, Ma Y, Zhang S. 2010. Some single-nucleotide polymorphisms of the TSSK2 gene may be associated with human spermatogenesis impairment. J Androl 31: 388-392.
- Zhang H, Su D, Yang Y, Zhang W, Liu Y, Bai G, Ma M, Ma Y, Zhang S. 2008. Present situation and Countermeasures of Jinnan cattle. China Cattle Science. Vol. 4 NO.4
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.