- 20th Livestock Census All India Report (2019). DAHD and F, Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
- Atta, M. and El Khidir, O.A. (2004). Use of heart girth, wither height and scapuloischial length for prediction of liveweight of Nilotic sheep. Small Ruminant Research. 55: 233-237.
- Banik, S., Naskar, S., Pankaj, P.K., Sahoo, N.R., Tamuli, M.K. and Das, A. (2012). Effect of different body measurement on body weight of pre-weaning Ghungroo pigs – a path analysis approach. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 82: 1094-1097.
- Brody, S. (1945). Bioenergetics and Growth. Reinhold, New York, USA.
- Critin, J.A., Aitken, J.N. and Boyre, A.W. (1959). The effect of plane of nutrition during rearing on growth, production, reproduction and health of dairy cattle. 1. Growth to 24 months. Animal Production. 1: 145-162.
- El Khidir, O.A. (1980). A note on prediction of liveweight of growing Kenana heifers from linear body measurements. Sudan Journal of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry. 21: 102-104.
- Goe, M.R., Alldredge, J.R. and Light D. (2001). Use of heart girth to predict body weight of working oxen in the Ethiopian highlands. Livestock Production Science. 69: 187-195.
- Harvey, W.R. (1987). Least squares analysis of data with unequal subclass numbers. ARS H-4, USDA, Washington D.C.
- Johanson, I. and Hildman, S.E. (1954). The relationship between certain body measurement and live and slaughter weights in cattle. Animal Breeding Abstract. 22: 1-17.
- Kumar, S., Dhita, S.P., Malik, Z.S. and Patil, C.S. (2018). Prediction of body weight from linear body measurements in sheep. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 52 (9): 1263-1266.
- Lawrence, T.L. and Fowler, V.R. (1997). Growth of Farm Animals. CAB International, Wallingford, Oxon, UK.
- Machebe, N.S., Ezekwe, A.G., Okeke, G.C. and Banik, S. (2016). Path analysis of body weight in grower and finisher pigs. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 50(5): 794-798.
- NRC. (1998). Nutrient requirement of swine. National Academy Press, Washington DC.
- Rani, M., Ekambaram, B. and Kumari, P. (2016). Prediction of body weights of Nellore sheep under field condition. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 50(1): 133-136.
- Sandford, J., Wissocq, Y.J., Durkin, J. and Trail, J.C.M. (1982). Evaluation of productivities of Djallonke sheep and N’dama cattle at the Center de Recherches Zootechniques, Kolda, Senegal. ILCA Research Report. 3: 9-39.
- Singh, S.K., Pandey, R.N. and Sharma, B.D. (2001). Prediction of body weight from linear body measurements in pigs. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 35(1): 15-20.
- Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) Inc. Chicago, IL, USA.
- Sulieman, A.H., Sayers, A.R. and Wilson, R.T. (1990). Evaluation of Shugar, Dubasi and Watish subecotypes of Sudan desert sheep at El Huda National Sheep Research Station, Gezira Province, Sudan. ILCA Research Report. 18: 30.
- Vision 2030 (2011). ICAR-National Research Centre on Pig, Guwahati, India.
Submitted Date : 12-05-2020
Accepted Date : 11-11-2020