- Chatterjee, R.N., Ahlawat, S.P.S., Yadav, S.P., Senani, S., Kundu, A., Jeyakumar S., Saha S.K., Sunder Jai, Bharathi Deepa. (2002). Comparative growth performance of Nicobari fowl and their cost effectiveness under backyard and intensive system. Indian Journal of Poultry Science. 37(1): 63-66.
- Chatterjee, R.N. and Rajkumar, U. (2015). An overview of poultry production in India. Indian Journal of Animal Health. 54(2): 89-108.
- Daida, K., Rama Rao, S.V., Preetam, V.C., Reddy, V.R., Prakash, B and Qudratullah S. (2012). Improving livelihood security of rural women through Rajasri backyard poultry farming. Indian Journal of Poultry Science. 47(2): 231-233.
- Dana, N., vander Waaij, E.H. and van Arendock, J.A.M. (2011) Genetic and phenotypic parameter estimates for body weights and egg production in Horro chicken of Ethiopia. Tropical animal health and production. 43(1): 21-28.
- Harvey, W.R. 1990. Users guide for PC-2 version of LSM LMW mixed model least-squares and maximum likelihood computer programme. W.R. Harvey. Columbus, OH.
- Haunshi S., Saxena S.C., Biswajit, D. and Bujarbaruah, K.M. (2007). Comparative performance of Vanaraja chickens under backyard and intensive system at climatic conditions of Meghalaya. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 77(1): 99-102.
- Haunshi, S., Shanmugam, M., Padhi, M.K., Niranjan, M., Rajkumar, U., Reddy, M.R. and Panda, A.K. (2012). Evaluation of two Indian native breeds for reproduction traits and heritability of juvenile growth traits. Tropical animal health and production. 44 (5): 969-973.
- Krishna, D., Ramarao, S.V., Prakash, B. and Chinni Preetham, V. (2012). Growth performance and survivability of Rajasri birds under deep litter and scavenging systems. International Journal of Poultry Science. 11(10): 621-623.
- Mallik, B.K., Mishra, P.K., Mishra, S.C. and Dehuri, P.K. (2003). Evaluation of genetic parameters in a synthetic broiler chicken flock due to selection for high six week body weight. Indian Journal of Poultry Science. 38(3): 225-229.
- Niranjan, M., Sharma, R.P., Rajkumar, U., Reddy, B.L.N., Chatterjee, R.N. and Battacharya, T.K. (2008). Comparative evaluation of production performance in improved chicken varieties for backyard farming. International Journal of Poultry Science. 7(11): 1128-1131.
- Padhi, M.K., Rajkumar, U., Niranjan, M., Haunshi, S. and Bhanja, S.K. (2012). Genetic studies of juvenile triats in Vanaraja male line. Indian Journal of Poultry Science. 47(2): 234-236.
- Padhi, M.K., Chatterjee, R.N., Rajkumar, U., Niranjan, M. and Haunshi, S. (2015a). Evaluation of three-way cross chicken developed for backyard poultry in respect to growth, production and carcass quality traits under intensive system of rearing. Journal of Applied Animal Research. 44(1): 390-394.
- Padhi, M.K., Chatterjee, R.N., Rajkumar, U., Bhattacharya, T.K. and Bhanja, S.K. (2015b). Genetic and phenotypic parameters estimates for body weight, conformation, production and reproduction traits of PD1 (Vanaraja male line) during different periods. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 85 (8): 883-888.
- Padhi, M.K., Chatterjee, R.N., Haunshi, S., Rajkumar, U., Bhattacharya, T.K. and Bhanja, S.K. (2015c). Evaluation of male line of Vanaraja (PD1), Vanaraja and control broiler in respect to juvenile traits and genetic analysis of juvenile traits in PD1. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 85(9): 991-995.
- Rajkumar, U., Rajaravindra, K.S., Niranajan, M., Reddy, B.L.N., Bhattacharya, T.K., Chatterjee, R.N. and Sharma, R.P. (2010). Evaluation of Naked neck broiler genotypes under tropical environment. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 80(5): 463-66.
- Rajkumar, U., Haunshi, S., Paswan, C., Raju, M.V.L.N., Rama Rao, S.V. and. Chatterjee, R.N. (2017). Characterization of indigenous Aseel chicken breed for morphological, growth, production and meat composition traits from India, Poultry Science. Volume 96, Issue 7, July 2017, Pages 2120-2126.
- Rao, C.H.V.S.C.S., Rao, G.N., Sharma, R.P., Reddy, B.L.N., Gupta, B.R. and Satyanarayana, A. (2004). Genetic study on juvenile traits of Vanaraja chicken. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 74(12): 1229-1231.
- Reddy, V.V., Prakash, M.G., Rao, S.T., Krishna, D., and Hussain, M.D. (2016). Genetic analysis of growth traits in Rajasri variety of backyard chicken. Indian Journal of Poultry Science. 51(3): 342-345.
- Srinivas, G. and Swathi, B. (2018). Comparison of Rajasri birds with indigenous birds in performance and haemo biochemical parameters under scavenging system during summer season. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 88(1): 96-98.
Submitted Date : 13-12-2019
Accepted Date : 2-11-2020