- AOAC (2007). Official Methods of Analysis. 18th ed. Association Official of Analytical Chemists, Arlington, VA.
- Beaulieu, A.D. and Palmquist, D.L. (1995). Differential effects of high fat diets on fatty acid compositions in milk of Jersey and Holstein cows. J. Dairy Sci. 78: 1336-44.
- BIS: 3508. (1966). Methods of Sampling and Test for Ghee (Butter fat), Bureau of Indian Standards, Manak Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Crompton, E.W. and Maynard, L.A. (1938). The relation of cellulose and lignin content to the nutritive value of animal feeds. J. Nutr. 15: 987-993.
- De, S. (2005). Outlines of Dairy Technology. Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
- Grummer, R.R. (1991). Effect of feed on the composition of milk fat. J. Dairy Sci. 74: 3244-57.
- ICAR. (2013). Nutrient Requirements of Cattle and Buffalo. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
- Mane, S.H., Mandakmale, S.D., Nimbalkar, C.A., Kankhare, D.H. and Lokhande, A.T. (2016). Economics of feeding protected protein and protected fat on crossbred cattle. Indian J. Anim. Res. 51: 1080-85.
- Mishra, S., Thakur, S.S. and Raikwar, R. (2004). Milk production and composition in crossbred cows fed calcium salts of mustard oil fatty acids. Indian J. Anim. Nutr. 21: 22-25.
- Mudgal, V., Baghel, R.P.S., Ganie, A. and Srivastava, S. 2012. Effect of feeding bypass fat on intake and production performance of lactating crossbred cows. Indian J. Anim. Res. 46: 103-04.
- Naik, P.K., Saijpaul, S., Sirohi, A.S. and Raquib, M. (2009). Lactation response of cross bred dairy cows fed indigenously prepared rumen protected fat- A field trial. Ind. J. Anim. Sci. 79: 1045-49.
- Purushothaman, S., Kumar, A. and Tiwari, D.P. (2008). Effect of feeding calcium salts of palm oil fatty acids on performance of lactating crossbred cows. Asian-Austral. J. Anim. Sci. 21(3): 376-85
- Ranganna, S. (1986). Handbook of Analysis and Quality Control for Fruit and Vegetable Products. Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, New Delhi, India, pp. 124-25.
- Robertson, J.B. and Vansoest, P.J. (1991). The detergent system of analysis and its application to human foods. In: The Analysis of Dietary Fibre in Food (James WPT and Theander O). Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York, pp. 123-58
- Sirohi, S.K., Wali, T.K. and Mohanta, R. (2010). Supplementation effect of bypass fat on production performance of lactating crossbred cow. Ind. J. Anim. Sci. 80: 733-36.
- SPSS (2012). Statistical Packages for Social Sciences. Version 21, SPSS Inc., Illinois, USA.
- Tyagi, N., Thakur, S.S. and Shelke, S.K. (2009). Effect of feeding bypass supplement on milk yield, its composition and nutrient utilization in cross bred cows. Ind. J. Anim. Nutr. 26: 1-8.
- Veena, N., Wadhwa, M., Mehta, H., Barui, A.K., Puniya, A.K., Hundal, J.S. and Grewal R.S. (2018). Effect of supplementing bypass fat on milk yield, milk composition and chemical parameters of ghee in crossbred cows. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 7(10): 2604-09.
- Wadhwa, M., Grewal, R.S., Bakshi, M.P.S. and Brar, P.S. 2012. Effect of supplementing bypass fat on the performance of high yielding crossbred cows. Ind. J. Anim. Sci. 82: 200-03.
Submitted Date : 26-08-2019
Accepted Date : 3-02-2020