- Ahmad, H. A., Roland, D. A. and Sohail, S.S. (1996). Effect of time of feed withdrawal and killing before processing on defeathering of spent hens. Journal of Applied Poultry Research. 5: 325-329.
- Baeza, E., Dessay, C., Wacrenier, N., Marche, G. and Listrat, A. (2002). Effect of selection for improved body weight and composition on muscle and meat characteristics in Muscovy duck. British Poulry. Science. 43: 560-568.
- Banerjee, S. (2011). Prediction of carcass cuts using some non invasive predictors on broiler ducks reared in hot and humid climate of eastern India. World Applied Science Journal. 12: 642-651.
- Bernacki, Z., Kokoszynski, D. and Mallek, T. (2008). Evaluation of selected meat traits in seven-week old duck broilers. Animal Science Papers and Reports. 26: 165-174. Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Jastrezebiec, Poland.
- Bhuiyan, M.M., Khan, M.H., Khan, M.A.H., Das, B.C., Lucky, N.S. and Uddin, M.B. (2005). A study on the comparative performance of different breeds of broiler ducks under farmer’s condition at farming system research and development (FSRD) site, Sylhet, Bangladesh. International Journal of Poultry Science. 4: 596-599.
- Easwaran, K. R. (1983). Comparative performance of Khaki Campbell and Desi ducks. M. V. Sc. thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Vellanikkara, Thrissur, Kerala, 81p.
- George, G. T. (2013). Comparison of carcass characteristics and meat qualities of Vigova and Kuttanad ducks. M. V. Sc. thesis, Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Wayanad, Kerala, 113p.
- George, O. J. (1978). Economics of meat production of Desi ducks. M.V. Sc. thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Vellanikkara, Thrissur, Kerala, 57p.
- Lin, R. L. Chen, H. P., Rouvier, R. and Marie-Etancelin C. (2016). Genetic parameters of body weight, egg production and shell quality traits in the Shan Ma laying duck (Anas platyrhynchos). Poultry Science. 0:1-6
- National Agricultural Technology Project [NATP]. Final Report. (2004). NATP on Productivity Enhancement of Ducks. Kerala Agricultural University. 74p.
- Omojola, A.B. (2007). Carcass and organoleptic characteristics of duck meat as influenced by breed and sex. International Journal of Poultry Science. 6: 329-334.
- Peethambaran, P. A. (1991). Dietary Protein and Energy requirements of ducks for growth. Ph.D. thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Vellanikkara, Thrissur, Kerala, 218p.
- Pingel, H. (1999). Influence of breeding and management on the efficiency of duck production. Lohmann Information. No.22. pp. 7-13.
- Sams, A. R. (2001). First Processing: Slaughter through Chilling. In: Poultry Meat Processing. (1st Ed.). [Sam, A. R. (ed.)], CRC Press, Taylor and Francis group, Boca Raton, 334p.
- Sapcota, D., Mahanta, J.D., Deka, J.R. and Jalaludeen, A. (2009). Effect of sex on certain carcass traits of Chara-Chemballi ducks of Kerala under range condition in Assam. In: Proceedings of the fourth World Waterfowl Conference; 11th to 13th November, 2009, [Jalaludeen, A. (ed.)], Mannuthy, Thrissur. Kerala Agricultural University, Centre for Advanced Studies in Poultry Science, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences and World’s Poultry Science Association (India branch). pp. 407-410.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1994). Statistical Methods. (8th Ed.), Affiliated East- West Press Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, India. 313 p.
- Szasz, S., Bogenfurst, F. and Kobulej, I. (1997). Study on meat production ability of Cherry valley, Barbarie and Mule duck. Proceedings of Australian Poultry Science Symposium. pp. 187-190.
- Thomas, S. K. (2003). Effect of probiotic supplementation on the performance of White Pekin ducks. M. V. Sc. thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Vellanikkara, Thrissur, Kerala, 92p.
- Xu, T. U., Liu, X. L., Huang, W. and Hou, S.S. (2011). Estimates of genetic parameters for body weight and carcass composition in Pekin ducks. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances. 10: 23-28.
Submitted Date : 21-08-2019
Accepted Date : 1-04-2020