- Ahmad N. (1994). Clinical and experimental studies of reproductive functions in the ram and male goat with special reference to the use of diagnostic ultrasound. Unpublished Ph.D Thesis. Department of Large Animal Med. and Surgery, Royal Vet. College, University of London, London.
- Ahmad, E., Ahmad, N., Naseer, Z., Aleem, M., Sarwar, K.M., Ashiq, M. and Younis, M., (2011). Relationship of age to body weight, scrotal circumference, testicular ultrasonograms and semen quality in sahiwal bulls. Trop. Anim. Health. Prod. 43:159-164.
- Almquist, J. O., Branas R. J., and Barber K. A. (1976). Postpubertal changes in semen production of Charolais bulls ejaculated at high frequency and the relation between testicular measurements and sperm output. Jour. Anim. Sci. 42:670–676.
- Bhakat M, Mohanty T K, Raina V S, Gupta A K, Khan H M, Mahapatra R K and Sarkar M. (2011). Effect of age and season on semen quality parameters in Sahiwal bulls. Tropic. Anim.Health Prod. 43 (6): 1161–68.
- Bhosrekar M. R., Purohit, J.R., Gokhale,S.B. and Mangurkar, B.R.,(1992). Semen characteristics and behavioural pattern of buffalo bulls in relation to age and season. Indian Jour. Anim. Sci. 62: 251-255
- Everett, R. W., and Bean B.. (1982). Environmental influences on semen output. Jour. Dairy Sci. 65:1303.
- Foote R. H., Seidel, G. E. Jr., Hahn, J., Berndtson, W. E. and Coulter. G. H. (1977). Seminal quality, spermatozoal output and testicular changes in growing Holstein bulls. J. Dairy Sci. 60: 85–88.
- Fuente, L. F., Sanchez-Garcia L. and Vallejo M. (1984). Reproductive characters in Galician Blonds. I. Characters of semen used for artificial insemination. Anal. Fac.Vet. Leon. 30: 119–125.
- Gosh,S., (2004).Relationship of age, body weight, testicular measurement and semen quality for selection of murrah bulls. M.V.Sc. Thesis, NDRI deemed university, Karnal, Haryana.
- Hafez E S E. (1993). Reproduction in Farm Animals. 6th edn, Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia. pp. 405-439.
- Hahn, J., Foote, R.H. and Seidel, G.E., (1969). Testicular growth and related sperm output in dairy bulls. Jour. Anim. Sci. 29:41.
- Javed, M.T., Khan, A. and Kausar, R., (2000). Effect of age and season on some semen parameters of Nili- Ravi buffalo bulls. Veteri. Archi. 70: 83-94.
- Kedia N. K., Tiwari R. P., Mishra G. K., Pandey A. K., (2013). Characteristics and freezability of Tharparkar bull semen. Indian Journal Animal. Sci. 84 (4): 382–388.
- Kommisrud, E. and Berg, K.A., (1996). The influence of duration of sexual preparation on bovine semen characteristics and fertility rates. Reprod. Domest. Anim. 31: 367-371.
- Mathevon, M. (1998). Environmental, management and genetic factors affecting semen production in Holstein Bulls. Jour. Dairy Sci. 81: 3321-3330.
- Singh S P, Pandit R K and Bhadoria H B S. (2000). Sexual bhaviour and seminal characteristics in Jersey, Sahiwal and halfbred bulls. Indian Journal Animal Science. 70(3): 279–80.
- Siratskii, I. Z. (1990). Inheritance of reproductive ability of bulls.Tsitol. Genet. 24: 28–34.
- Snedecor G W and Cochran W G. (1989). Statistical Methods. 8th edn. The Iowa State University Press, Iowa. USA.
- Soderquist L, Janson L, Haard M and Einarsson S. (1996). Influence of season, age, breed and some other factors on the variation in sperm morphological abnormalities in Swedish dairy AI bulls. Anim. Reprod. Sci. 44: 91–98.
- Vogler C J, Saacke R G, Bame J H, Dejarnette J M and Megilliard M L. (1991). Effects of scrotal insulation on viability characteristics of cryopreserved bovine semen.Jour.Dairy Sci.74: 3827–35.
- Younis, M.,(1996). Studies on semen quality, freezability and fertility of buffalo bulls during low and peak breeding seasons. Ph.d Thesis. Univ. of Agri. Faisalabad, Pakistan.
Submitted Date : 2-07-2019
Accepted Date : 7-10-2019