Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Influence of Lactation Order and Lactation Stage on Physico-Chemical Properties of Pantja Goat Milk
First Online 17-03-2020|
- Aganga, A.A., Amarteifio, J.O. and Nkile, N. (2002). Effect of stage of lactation on nutrient composition of Tswana sheep and goat’s milk. J. Food Comp. and Anal. 15(5):533-543.
- Antunac, N., Samarsija, D., Havranek, J.L., Pavic, V. and Mioc, B. (2001). Effects of stage and number of lactation on the chemical composition of goat milk. Czech J. Anim. Sci. 46(12):548-553.
- AOAC, (2005). Official Methods of Analysis, 17th edition. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA.
- Chang, J.I. and Kim, Y.K. (1978). Physico-chemical properties of Saanen goat’s milk. J. Anim. Sci.-Korean. 20:207-212.
- Chornobai, C.A.M., Damasceno, J.C., Viseentainer, J.V., Souza, N.E.D. and Matsushita, M. (1999). Physic-chemical composition of crossbread Saanen goat milk from throughout lactation period. Archivas Latina Americanos-de-Nutrician. 49(3):283-286.
- Davide, C.L., Yap, M.T. and Sarmago, I.G. (2001). Characteristics of purebred and graded goat’s milk. 2(4):23-25.
- El-Tarabany, M.S., El-Tarabany, A.A. and Roushdy, E.M., (2018). Impact of lactation stage on milk composition and blood biochemical and hematological parameters of dairy Baladi goats. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences. 25(8): 1632-1638.
- Fandialan, M.M. and Davide, C.L. (2001). Goat milk: the relationship of its pH with total titratable acidity. J. Biol. Sci. 4(2):12-14.
- FAO. (2010). Food and Agriculture Organization. Production Yearbook, Rome, Italy.
- Gunjan, M., Sharma, P.K., Garg, V.K., Singh, A.K. and Mondal, S.C., (2011). Role of Goat Milk and Milk Products in Dengue Fever. J. Pharmaceu. and Biomed. Sci. 8(6):1-5.
- Guru, M. and Prasad, S. (2006). Effect of energy and bypass protein supplementation on production performance of lactating crossbred goats. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 59(2):90-94.
- Haenlein, G.F.W. (1980). Mineral nutrition of goats. J. Dairy Sci. 6(3):1729-1748.
- ISI, (1960). IS: 1479 (Part-1) Indian Standard Institution, Manak Bhawan-9, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.
- ISI, (1961). IS: 1479 (Part-2) Indian Standard Institution, Manak Bhawan-9, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.
- ISI, (1965). IS: 1183, Indian Standard Institution, ManakBhawan, BahadurShahZafarMarg, New Delhi.
- ISI, (1977). IS: 1224 (Part-2) Indian Standard Institution, Manak Bhawan-9, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.
- Kuchtík, J., Sustova, K., Urban, T. and Zapletal, D., (2008). Effect of the stage of lactation on milk composition, its properties and the quality of rennet curdling in East Friesian ewes. Czech Journal of Animal Science. 53(2): 55.
- Kuchtik, J. and Sedlácková, H. (2003).Composition and properties of milk in White Short-haired goats on the third lactation. Czech J. Anim. Sci.-UZPI (Czech Republic). 48(12):540-550.
- Maree, H.P. (2003). Goat milk and its use as a hypo-allergenic infant food. J. Dairy Goat. 63(12):16.
- Park, Y.W., Juárez, M., Ramos, M. and Haenlein, G.F.W. (2007). Physico-chemical characteristics of goat and sheep milk. Small Rumin. Res. 68(3):88-113.
- Parkash, S. and Jenness, R. (1968). The composition and characteristics of goat’s milk: A review. In Dairy Sci. Abstr. 30(2):67-87.
- Roy, S.K. and Vadodaria, V.P. (2006). Goat milk and its importance. Indian J. Dairy Sci. 58(3): 68-69.
- Sanyal, M.K. (1993). Goat milk is better than cow milk. Indian Farming. 3(1):15-17.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (2004). Statistical methods 8th edn, East West Press Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Tike, S.M. (2007). Preparation of dahi from goat milk using probiotic cultures.M.sc. (Agri) unpublished thesis submitted to Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, rahui (Maharashtra).
- Walker, V.B. (1965). Therapeutic uses of goat’s milk in modern medicine. British Goat Society’s Yearbook. 66(4):26-29.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.