Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Effectiveness of various cooling systems during high environmental temperature on production and welfare indices of laying pullets in deep litter system of rearing
First Online 14-08-2019|
- Aebi, H. E. (1983). Catalase In: Bergmeyer H O (ed). Methods of Enzymatic Analysis, Vol. III pp 273-386. Academic press, New York.
- Altan, O., Altan, A., Oguz, I., Pabuccuoglu, A. and Konyalioglu, S. (2000). Effect of heat stress on growth, some blood variables and lipid oxidation in broilers exposed to high temperature at an early age. Br. Poult. Sci., 41(4): 489-493.
- Azad, M. A. K., Kikusato, M., Maekawa, T., Shirakawa, H.andToyomizu, M. (2010). Metabolic characteristics and oxidative damage to skeletal muscle in broiler chickens exposed to chronic heat stress. Comp. Biochem.Physiol.A, Mol. & Integr. Physiol., 155(3): 401-406.
- Balnave, D. and Muheereza, S. K. (1997). Improving eggshell quality at high temperatures with dietary sodium bicarbonate.Poult. Sci., 76: 558-593.
- Dagtekin, M., Karaca, C. and Yýldýz, Y. (2009). Performance characteristics of a pad evaporative cooling system in a broiler house in a Mediterranean climate. Biosystems Engineering. 103: 100-104.
- Deutsch, J. (1978). Maleimide as an inhibitor in measurement of erythrocyte glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity.Clin. Chem., 24: 885-889.
- Duncan, D. B. (1955).Multiple range and multiple “F” tests. Biometrics. 11: 1-42.
- Estevez, I., Keeling, L.J and Newberry, RC. (2003). Decreasing aggression with increasing group size in young domestic fowl. Applied Animal Behavior Science. 84: 213-218.
- Hafeman, D. G., Sunde, R. A. and Hoekstra, W. G. (1974). Effect of dietary selenium on erythrocyte and liver glutathione peroxidase in the rat. J. Nutr., 104: 580-587.
- Kirunda, D. F., Scheideler, S. E. and McKee, S. R. (2001). The efficacy of vitamin E (DL-alpha-tocopheryl acetate) supplementation in hen diets to alleviate egg quality deterioration associated with high temperature exposure. Poult. Sci., 80: 1378-1383.
- Lin, Y., Ggaoyi, T., YuQiang, F., JinHai, F. and MinHong, Z. (2010).Effects of acute heat stress and subsequent stress removal on function of hepatic mitochondrial respiration, ROS production and lipid peroxidation in broiler chickens. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. C Toxicol.andPharmacol. 151(2): 204-208.
- Mahmoud, K. Z., Beck, M. M., Scheideler, S. E., Forman, M. F., Anderson, K. P. and Kachman, S. D. (1996). Acute high environmental temperature and calcium-estrogen relationship in the hen. Poult. Sci., 75: 1555-1562.
- Marklund, S. and Marklund, G. (1974). Involvement of the superoxide anion radical in the autoxidation of pyrogallol and a convenient assay for superoxide dismutase. Eur. J. Biochem., 47: 469-474.
- Mashaly, M. M., Hendricks, G. L., Kalama, M. A., Gehad, A. E., Abbas, A. O. and Patterson, P. H. (2004). Effect of heat stress on production parameters and immune responses of commercial laying hens.Poult. Sci., 83: 889-894.
- Muiruri, H. K. and Harrison, P. C. (1991). Effect of roost temperature on performance of chickens in hot ambient environments. Poult. Sci., 70: 2253-2258.
- Rama Rao, S., Nagalakshi ,V. and Reddy, V. R. (2002). Feeding to minimize heat stress.Poultry International, 41: 3033-3038.
- Sandercock D A , Hunter R R , Nute G R , Mitchell M A and Hocking P M. (2001). Acute heat stress-induced alterations in blood acid-base status and skeletal muscle membrane integrity in broiler chickens at two ages: Implications for meat quality. Poultry Science. 80: 418-25.
- Scott, T. A. And Balnave, D. (1988). Comparison between concentrated complete diets and self-selection for feeding sexually maturing pullets at hot and cold temperatures.Br. Poult. Sci., 29: 613-625.
- Sharma, M. L. andGangwar, P. C. (1985). Efficiency of cooling methods for broiler production in hot weather. Indian Journal of Poultry Science, 20: 245-248.
- Snedecor, G. W. and Cochran, W. G. (1989).Statistical methods, 7thedn. The Lowa State University Press, Ames, Lowa.
- Stocks, J. and Dormandy, T. L. (1971).Autoxidation of human red cell lipids induced by hydrogen peroxide.Br. J. Haematol., 20: 95-111.
- Tan, G. Y., Yang, L., Fu, Y. Q., Feng, J. H. and Zhang M. H. (2010).Effects of different acute high ambient temperatures on function of hepatic mitochondrial respiration, antioxidative enzymes, and oxidative injury in broiler chickens. Poult. Sci., 89: 115- 122.
- Ugurlu, N.and Kara, M. (2003). The effectiveness of evaporative pad cooling on reduction of cage house temperature and production performance of the laying hens.Archiv. Fur. Geflugelkunde., 67(3): 138-142.
- Yalcin, S., Settar, P., Ozkan, S. and Cahaner, A.(1997). Comparative evaluation of three commercial broiler stocks in hot versus temperate climates. Poult. Sci.,76: 921-92
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.