- Becker, W.A. (1975). Manual of Quantitative Genetics, 3rd edn., Washington State Univ., Pullman, Washington.
- Das, N., Joshi, H.B. and Bisht, G.B. (1989). Preweaning body weights and linear body measurements in Barbari and Jamunapari kids under intensive management system. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 59 (11): 1450-1454.
- Dudhe S.D., Yadav, S.B., Nagda, S.R.K., Pannu, U. and Gahlot, G.C. (2015). Genetic and non-genetic factors affecting morphometry of Sirohi goats. Veterinary World. 8: 1356 – 1363.
- Falconer, D.S. (1989). Introduction to Quantitative Genetics. 3rd edition. Longman Group Ltd. England.
- Gowane, G.R., Chopra, A., Prakash, V. and Arora A.L. (2011). Estimates of (co)variance components and genetic parameters for growth traits in Sirohi goat. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 43: 189 – 198.
- Harvey, W.R. (1990). User’s guide for LSMLMW. Mixed Model L.S Maximum Likelihood computer programme PC-Version 2. Ohio State University, Columbus, USA.
- Kharkar, K., Kuralkar, S.V. and Kuralkar, P. (2014). Growth, production and reproduction performance of Berari goats in their native tract. Indian Journal of Small Ruminants. 20(1): 12 – 15.
- Kramer, C.R. (1957). Extension of multiple range tests to group correlated means. Biometrics, 13: 13-18.
- Mehta, B.S., Singh, D. and Khan, B.U. (1997). Genetic studies on growth in Sirohi goats. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 67(8): 723–725.
- Mia, M.M., Khandoker, M.A.M.Y., Husain, S.S., Faruque, M.O., Notter, D.R. and Haque M.N. (2013). Genetic evaluation of growth traits of black Bengal goat. Iranian Journal of Applied Animal Sciences. 3 (4): 845 – 852.
- Moghbeli, S.M., Barazandeh, A., Vatankhah, M. and Mohammadabadi, M.R. (2013). Genetics and non-genetics parameters of body weight for post-weaning traits in Raini Cashmere goats. Tropical Animal Health and Production. 45: 1519 –1524.
- Naik, P.K., Patro, B.N. and Mishra, P.K. (1985). Some factors affecting the body weights at different ages in Ganjam goats. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 55 (3): 213 – 214.
- Nahardeka, N. (1994). Genetic evaluation of Assam Local goats and their crosses with Beetal in respect of certain traits of growth and reproduction. Ph. D. Thesis, Assam Agric. Univ., Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Nahardeka, N., Das, D., Roy, T.C., Goswami, R.N. and Das, G.C. (2001). Studies on body weight of Assam Local goats and their crosses with Beetal. Indian Veterinary Journal. 78 (9): 811.
- Pan, S., Biswas C.K., Majumdar, D., Sengupta, D., Patra, A., Ghosh, S. and Haldar, A. (2015). Influence of age, body weight, parity and morphometric traits on litter size in prolific Black Bengal goats. Journal of Applied Animal Research. 43 (1): 104 –111.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1969). Statistical Method for Agricultural Workers. 2nd edn., Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
- Paul, R.C., Rahman, A.N.M.I., Debnath, S. and Khandoker, M.A.M.Y. (2014). Evaluation of productive and reproductive performance of Black Bengal goat. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Sciences. 43 (2): 104 – 111.
- Robertson, A. (1959). The sampling variance of genetic correlation coefficient. Biometrics. 15: 469 – 485.
- Saikia, S., Bora, N.N. and Kakoti, B.N. (1985). Terminal report from 1977 and 1984. All India Coordinated Research Project on Goats for Meat Production. Assam Agric. Univ., Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Salako, A. E. (2006). Application of morphological indices in the assessment of type and function in sheep. International Journal of Morphology. 24: 8 – 13.
- Sarma, D.K. (1997). Genetic studies on certain biochemical traits and their association with body weight at different ages in Assam Local and Beetal x Assam Local goats. M.V.Sc. Thesis, Assam Agric. Univ., Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Singh, N.B. (1991). Genetic studies on some of the economic traits in Assam Local and Assam Local x Beetal crossbred goats. M.V.Sc. Thesis, Assam Agric. Univ., Khanapara, Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Swiger, L.A., Harvey, W.R., Everson, D.O. and Gregory, K.E. (1964). The variance of interclass correlation involving groups with one observation. Biometrics. 20: 818 – 826.
- Tomar, A.K.S., Kumar, A., Mehta, B.S. and Jaishankar, J. (2001). Factors affecting early express body traits in Sirohi goats. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 71 (3): 271-273.
Submitted Date : 16-02-2019
Accepted Date : 3-08-2019