Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Effect of feeding rice distillers dried grain with solubles as major protein source on nutrient digestibility and growth performance of Jersey crossbred calves
First Online 14-08-2019|
- AOAC. (2005). Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Official Methods of Analysis. 18th Edition., Maryland, USA.
- Benchaar, C., Hassanat, F., Gervais, R., Chouinard, P.Y., Julien, C., Petit, H.V. and Massé, D.I. (2013). Effects of increasing amounts of corn dried distillers grains with solubles in dairy cow diets on methane production, ruminal fermentation, digestion, N balance, and milk production. J. Dairy Sci., 96: 2413-2427.
- Benson, C.S., Wright, C.L., Tjardes, K.E., Nicolai, R.E. and Rops, B.D. (2005). Effects of feeding varying concentrations of dry distillers grains with solubles to finishing steers on feedlot performance, nutrient management and odorant emissions. South Dakota State Univ. Beef Cattle Res. Rep., 13: 59.
- Castillo-Lopez, E., Kononoff, P. J. and Miner, J. (2010). Short communication: Detection of yeast DNA in omasaldigesta of dairy cows consuming dried distiller’s grains and solubles. J. Dairy Sci., 93: 5926-5929.
- Corrigan, M.E., Erickson, G.E., Klopfenstein, T.J., Luebbe, M.K., Vander Pol, K.J., Meyer, N.F., Buckner, C.D., Vaness, S.J. and Hanford, K.J. (2009). Effect of corn processing method and corn wet distillers grains plus solubles inclusion level in finishing steers. J. Anim. Sci., 87: 3351-3362.
- Engel, C. L., Patterson, H. H. and Perry, G. A. 2014. Effect of dried corn distillers grains plus solubles compared with soybean hulls in late gestation heifer diets, on animal and reproductive performance. J AniM. Sci. 86 (7): 1697-1708.
- He, Z.X., He, M.L., Zhao, Y.L., Xu, L., Walker, N.D. Beauchemin, K.A., McAllister, T.A. and Yang, W.Z. (2015). Effect of wheat dried distillers grains and enzyme supplementation on growth rates, feed conversion ratio and beef fatty acid profile in feedlot steers. Animal. 9(10): 1740-1746.
- Huang, H.J., Chioua, P.W. S., Chiang, C.R. C.J.K., Yu, B. (1999). Effects of dried rice distillers' and grain supplementation on the performance of lactating cows.Anim. Feed Sci. Technology. 77: 303-315.
- Hunerberg, M., McGinn, S.M., Beauchemin, K.A., Okine, E.K., Harstad, O.M.and McAllister, T.A. (2013). Effect of dried distillers’ grains with solubles on enteric methane emissions and nitrogen excretion from finishing beef cattle. Can. J. Anim. Sci., 93: 373-385.
- ICAR. (2013). Nutrient requirements of livestock and poultry. Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
- IGFRI. (2013). Vision 2050. Indian Grassland and Fodder Research Institute (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) Gwalior Road, Jhansi - 284 003.
- Ingledew, W.M. (1999). Yeast could you base business on this bug? In: T.P. Lyons and K.A. Jacques, editors. Under the microscope- focal points for the new millennium-biotechnology in the feed industry. Proceedings of Alltech’s 15th Annual Symposium. Nottingham University Press, Nottingham, UK. Pages 27-47
- Jun. Xu., Hou, Y.J., Zhao, G.Q., Yu, A.B., Su, Y.J., Huo, Y.J. and Zhu, J. (2014). Replacement of forage fiber sources with dried distillers grains with solubles and corn germ meal in holstein calf diets. Journal of Integr. Agric., 13: 1753-1758.
- Knapp, J.R., Laur, G.L., Vadas, P.A., Weiss, W.P. and Tricarico, J.M. (2014). Invited review: Enteric methane in dairy cattle produc tion: Quantifying the opportunities and impact of reducing emissions. J. Dairy Sci., 97: 3231-3261.
- Liu, K., (2011). Chemical composition of distillers grains: a review. J. Agric. Food Chem., 59: 1508-1526.
- NRC. (1989). Nutrient requirements of dairy cattle. 7th Revised edition. National research council, National Academy Press, Washing ton, DC.
- Ojowi, M.O., Christensen, D.A., McKinnon, J.J. and Mustafa, A.F. (1996). Thin stillage from wheat based ethanol production as a nutrient supplement for cattle grazing crested wheatgrass pastures. Can. J. Anim. Sci., 76: 547-553.
- Paz, H.A., M.J. de Veth, Ordway, R.S. and Kononoff, P.J. (2013). Evaluation of rumenprotected lysine supplementation to lactating dairy cows consuming increasing amounts of distillers dried grains with solubles. J. Dairy. Sci., 96: 7210-7222.
- Schingoethe, D.J., Kalscheur, K.F., Hippen, A.R. and Garcia, A.D. (2009). Invited review: The use of distillers products in dairy cattle diets. J. Dairy Sci., 92: 5802-5813.
- Sihag, S., Sihag Z. S., Kumar, S. and Singh, N. (2018). Effect of Feeding Dried Ditller’s grain plus solubles on milk yield and its composition in dairy cattle. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 7(03): 1861-1867.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1989). Statistical Methods. Oxford and IBH Pub. Co., New Delhi.
- Van Soest, P.J., Robertson, J.B. and Lewis, B.A. (1991). Symposium: carbohydrate methodology, metabolism and nutritional implications in dairy cattle. Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fibre and non starch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy Sci., 74: 3583-3597.
- Vander Pol,K., Luebbe, M., Crawford, G.I., Erickson, G.E. and Klopfenstein, T.J. (2009). Performance and digestibility characteristics of finishing diets containing distillers grains, composites of corn processing coproducts. J. Anim. Sci., 87: 639-652.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.