- Anonymous (2012). 19th Livestock Census All India Report, DAHD & F, Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, p34-35.
- Divya, P. (2012). Single versus multi-trait models for genetic evaluation of fertility traits in Karan fries cattle. M.V.Sc Thesis, National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University), Karnal, India.
- FAOSTAT (2012). Food and Agricultural Organization of United Nations.
- GhaviHossein-Zadeh, N. (2012). Estimation of genetic parameters and trends for energy- corrected 305-d milk yield in Iranian Holsteins. Archiv fur Tierzucht (ARCH TIERZUCHT), 55: 420-426.
- Gurnani, M., Sethi, R.K., Nagarcenkar, R. (1986). Development of Karan Fries cattle at NDRI, Karnal. Dairy Information Bulletin No.III. 9: 1-2.
- Hüttmann, H., Stamer, E., Junge, W., Thaller, G., Kalm, E. (2009). Analysis of feed intake and energy balance of high-yielding first lactating Holstein cows with fixed and random regression models. Animal, 3: 181-188.
- Kumbhare, A.G., Gandhi, R.S. (2007). Heritability estimates of first lactation trait from time series adjustment in Karan Fries cattle. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 60(4): 274-277.
- Liinamo, A.E., Mäntysaari, P., Mäntysaari, E.A. (2010). Genetic parameters for feed intake, production and extent of negative energy balance in Nordic Red dairy cattle. Proc. 9th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, August, Leipzig, Germany.
- Meyer, K. (2007). Wombat–A tool for mixed model analyses in quantitative genetics by Reml. Journal of Zheijang University Science B, 8: 815–821.
- Mishra, R.K., Joshi, B.K. (2004). Genetic and non-genetic factors affecting lactation milk constituents and yield traits in Karan Fries cattle. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 57(1): 69-72.
- Overmann, O.R., Sanmann, F.P. (1926). The energy value of milk as related to composition- formulas for the computation of energy. Bulletin no. 282. Urbana, Illinois.
- Pryce, J.E., Veerkamp, R.F., Thompson, R., Hill, W.G., Simm, G. (1997). Genetic aspects of common health disorders and measures of fertility in Holstein Friesian dairy cattle. Animal Science, 65: 353-360.
- Rashia, B.N. (2010). Genetic evaluation of the lactation curve in Karan Fries cattle. Ph.D. Thesis, National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University), Karnal, India.
- Singh, A. (2014). Genetic evaluation of Karan-fries cattle using test day milk yields by random regression models. M.V.Sc Thesis, National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University), Karnal, India.
- Singh, O.P. (1983). Climate of Karnal. Central Soil Salinity Research Institute (ICAR) Karnal, India.
- Singh, R.K. (2013). Genetic evaluation of Karan-Fries sires using multiple trait models. Ph.D. Thesis, National Dairy Research Institute (Deemed University), Karnal, India.
Submitted Date : 22-01-2019
Accepted Date : 28-03-2019