Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Novel SNP identified in HSBP1 gene and its association with thermal tolerance traits in Murrah buffalo
First Online 24-05-2019|
- Anonymous. (2012). Food and Agriculture Organisation. Buffalo Production and Research. Available from: http:// www.fao.org/statistics/ en Last accessed on 02-03-2015.
- Anonymous. (2012-2013). DAHD and F, Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India. pp15.
- Benezra, M.V. (1954). A new index for measures the adaptability of cattle to tropical condition. Journal of Animal Science 13: 1015.
- Berry, I.L., Shanklin, M.D., Johnson, H.D. (1964). Dairy shelter design based on milk production decline as affected by temperature and humidity. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers 7: 329-331.
- Csermely, P. and Yahara, I. (2002). Heat shock proteins. Keri-06 chapter: 6, Page 67.
- Das, S.K., Upadhyaya, R.C., Madan, M.L. (1999). Heat stress in Murrah buffalo calves. Livestock Production Science 61: 71-78.
- Hansen, P.J. and Arechiga, C.F. (1999). Strategies for managing reproduction in the heat stress dairy cow. Journal of Animal Science 77: 36-50.
- Leppa, S. and Sistonen, L. (1997). Heat shock response – pathophysiological implications. Annals of Medicine., 29: 73-78.
- Marai, I.F.M. and Haeeb, A.A.M. (2010). Buffalo’s biological functions as affected by heat stress: a review. Livestock Science 127: 89– 109.
- McDowell, R.E., Hooven, N.W., Adcamoens, J. K. (1976). Effects of climate on performance of Holsteins in first lactation. Journal of Dairy Science 59: 965–973.
- Moioli, B. and Borghese, A. (Ed.), Buffalo breeds and Management systems in Buffalo Production and Research, REU Technical series 67, Inter Regional Cooperative Research Network on buffalo FAO Regional office for Europe, Rome, 2005: 51-76.
- Morimoto, R.I. (1993). Cells in stress transcriptional activation of heat shock genes. Science 259: 1409-1410.
- Parsell, D.A. and Lindquist, S. (1994). Heat shock proteins and stress tolerance. In the biology of heat shock proteins and molecular chaperones (eds Morimoto, R.I., Tissieres, A. and Georgopoulos, C.). Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, pp. 457-494.
- Pirkkala, L., Nykanen, P., Sistonen, L. (2001). Roles of the heat shock transcription factors in regulation of the heat shock response and beyond FASEB J.15:1118–1131.
- Ravagnolo, O. and Misztal, I. (2000). Genetic component of heat stress in dairy cattle, development of heat index function. Journal of Dairy Science 83: 2120-2125.
- Sambrook, J. and Russell, D. W. (1989). Molecular cloning: A Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, New York.
- Satyal , S.H., Chen, D., Fox, SG., Kramer, J.M., Morimoto, R.I. (1998). Negative regulation of the heat shock transcriptional response by HSBP1. Genes and Development 12: 1962–1974.
- Singh, M., Chaudhari, B.K., Singh, J.K., Singh, A.K., Maurya, P.K. (2013). Effects of thermal load on buffalo reproductive performance during summer season. Journal of Biological Science 1,(1):1–8.
- Thom, E. C. (1959). The discomfort index. Weatherwise 12: 57–59.
- Upadhyay, R.C., Sirohi, S., Singh, S.V.A., Kumar, A., Gupta, S.K. (2009). Impact of climate change on milk production in India. In: Global Climate Change and Indian Agriculture (Edited by P. K. Aggarwal), Published by ICAR, New Delhi. pp: 104- 106.
- Vaidya, M., Kumar, P., Singh, S.V. (2012). Effect of temperature humidity index and heat load on physiological parameters of Murrah buffaloes and Karan Fries cattle during different seasons. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science 578(X): 57-58.
- Wang,Y., Huang, J., Xia, P., He, J., Wang, C., Ju, Z., Li, J., Li, R., Zhong, J., Li, Q. (2013). Genetic variations 0f HSBP1 gene and its effect on thermal performance traits in Chinese Holstein Cattle. Molecular Biology Reports 40: 3877-3882.
- Yeh, F.C., Yang, R.C., Boyle, T. (1999). POPGENE VERSION 1.31: Microsoft Window based free Software for Population Genetic Analysis, ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/HPGL.EXE.
- Zhang, H.Y., Liu, X.Q., Sun, Y.N. (2010). Expression, purification and crystallization of heat shock factor binding protein 1. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics 37: 441–444.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.