Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
Influence of hepcidin on iron homeostasis during last trimester of gestation in Bos indicus (cattle)
First Online 26-03-2019|
- Blackburn, S.T. (2003). Maternal, Fetal & Neonatal Physiology: A Clinical Perspective. 2nd ed. Saunders,USA.
- Cogswell, M.E., Parvanta, I., Ickes, L., Yip, R and Brittenham, G.M. (2003). Iron supplementation during pregnancy, anemia, and birth weight: A randomized controlled trial. Am. J. Clin. Nutr.78: 773– 781.
- De Domenico, I., Lo, E., Ward, D.M and Kaplan, J. (2009). Hepcidin-induced internalization of ferroportin requires binding and cooperative interaction with Jak2. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA.106: 3800 - 3805.
- Djokovic, R.D., Kurcubic,V.S and Ilic,Z.Z. (2014). Blood serum levels of macro – and micronutrients in transition and full lactation cows. Bulg. J. Agric. Sci. 20: 715 – 720.
- Ganz, T and Nemeth, E. (2006). Iron imports. IV. Hepcidin and regulation of body iron metabolism. Am. J. Physiol.290:G199-G203.
- Greer, J.P. (2009). Wintrobe’s Clinical Hematology. 12th ed.Lippincott Williams& Wilkins,Philadelphia, USA.
- Harris, E.D. (1992). New insights into placental iron transport. Nutr. Rev.50: 329 –331.
- Hilton, K.B and Lambert, L.A. (2008). Molecular evaluation and characterization of hepcidin 367 gene products in vertebrates. Gene.415:40- 48.
- Kaneko, J.J., Harvey, J.W and Bruss, M.L. (1997).Clinical Biochemistry of Domestic animals. Academic Press, New York.
- Khangembam, V.C and Kumar, A. (2011). Buffalo hepcidin: characterization of cDNA and study of antimicrobial property. Vet. Res. Commun.35:79-87.
- Millard, K.N., Frazer, D.M., Wilkins, S.J and Anderson, G.J. (2004). Changes in the expression of intestinal iron transport and hepatic regulatory molecules explain the enhanced iron absorption associated with pregnancy in the rat. Gut53: 655 – 660.
- Nemeth, E and Ganz, T. (2006). Regulation of iron metabolism by hepcidin. Annu. Rev.Nutr.26: 323 – 342.
- Nicolas, G., Bennoun, M., Porteu, A., Mativet, S., Beaumont,C., Grandchamp, B., Mario, S., Michele, S., Axel, K and Sophie, V. (2002). Severe iron deficiency anemia in transgenic mice expressing liver hepcidin. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA.99: 4596–601.
- Pantopoulos, K., Porwal, S.K., Tartakoff, A and Devireddy, L. (2012). Mechanisms of mammalian iron homeostasis. Biochemistry.51: 5705 - 5724.
- Rajamanickam, K., Leela, V., Loganathasamy, K., Bhaskaran Ravi Latha and Balagangatharathilagar, M. (2017). Hepcidin: Discovery to Destiny. International Journal of Chemical Studies5(6): 1725-1733
- Roperto, S., Russo, V., Urraro, C., Cutarelli, A., Perillo, A., De Falco, F and Roperto, F. (2017). Expression of hepcidin and ferroportin in full term placenta of pregnant cows.Theriogenology103: 90 - 97.
- Scott, D.E. (1972). Anemia in pregnancy. Obstet. Gynecol. Annu.1: 219 – 244.
- Snedecor, G.W and Cochran,W.G. (1994).Statistsical Methods. 8th ed. Iowa State University Press,USA.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.