- Burfeind, O., Suthar, V.S. and Heuwieser, W. (2012). Effect of heat stress on body temperature in healthy early postpartum dairy cows. Theriogenology. 78: 2031-2038.
- Burfeind, O., Suthar, V.S., Voigtsberger, R., Bonk, S. and Heuwieser, W. (2014). Body temperature in early postpartum dairy cows. Theriogenology. 82: 121-131.
- Burfeind, O., Von Keyserlingk, M.A.G., Weary, D.M., Veira, D.M. and Heuwieser, W. (2010). Short communication: repeatability of measures of rectal temperature in dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 93: 624-627.
- Dikmen, S. and Hansen, P.J. (2009). Is the temperature-humidity index the best indicator of heat stress in lactating dairy cows in a subtropical environment? Journal of Dairy Science. 92: 109-116.
- Drackley, J.K., Dann, H.M., Douglas, G.N., Guretzky, N.A.J., Litherland, N.B., Underwood, J.P. and Loor, J.J. (2005). Physiological and pathological adaptations in dairy cows that may increase susceptibility to periparturient diseases and disorders. Italian Journal of Animal Science. 4: 323-344.
- Kendall, P.E. and Webster, J.R. (2009). Season and physiological status affects the circadian body temperature rhythm of dairy cows. Livestock Science. 125: 155-160.
- Kumari, S., Kumaresan, A. Patbandha, T.K. and Ravi, S.K. (2016). Risk factors for metritis and its effect on productive and reproductive performance in dairy cattle and buffaloes. Agricultural Research. 5: 72-80.
- Radostits, O., Arundel, J. and Gay, C. (2000). Veterinary medicine: A textbook of the diseases of cattle, sheep, pigs, goats and horses. 9th Edition. Elsevier Health Sciences. Amsterdam, The Netherlands:
- Sannmann, I., Arlt, S. and Heuwieser, W. (2012). A critical evaluation of diagnostic methods used to identify dairy cows with acute postpartum metritis in the current literature. Journal of Dairy Research. 79: 436-444.
- Smith, B.I. and Risco, C.A. (2005). Management of periparturient disorders in dairy cattle. Veterinary Clinics of North America Food Animal Practice. 21: 503-521.
- Suthar, V., Burfeind, O., Bonk, S., Voigtsberger, R., Keane, C. and Heuwieser, W. (2012). Factors associated with body temperature of healthy Holstein dairy cows during the first 10 days in milk. Journal of Dairy Research. 79: 135-142.
- Vickers, L.A., Burfeind, O., Von Keyserlingk, M.A.G., Veira, D.M., Weary, D.M. and Heuwieser, W. (2010). Technical note: Comparison of rectal and vaginal temperatures in lactating dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 93: 5246-5251.
- Wagner, S.A., Schimek, D.E. and Cheng, F.C. (2008). Body temperature and white blood cell count in postpartum dairy cows. Bovine Practice. 42: 18-26.
Submitted Date : 27-09-2018
Accepted Date : 4-12-2018