- Arteaga, A. A., Soderquist, L., Persson, Y. and Barth, A.D. (2005). Comparison of electro ejaculation and trans rectal massage for semen collection in range and yearling feedlot beef bulls. Anim. Reprod. Sci., 87: 25-31.
- Barth, A.D. and Bowman, P.A. (1994). The sequential appearance of sperm abnormalities after scrotal insulation of dexamethasone treatment of bulls. Can. Vet. J., 34: 93-102.
- Bhakat, M., Mohanty, T., Gupta, A.K., Prasad, S., Chakravarty, A.K. and Khan, H.M. (2015). Effect of season on semen quality parameters in Murrah buffalo bulls. Buffalo Bull., 34: 100-112.
- Bitew, M. and Prasad, S. (2011). Study on major reproductive health problems in indigenous and cross breed cows in and around Bedelle. South West Ethiopia. J Ani Vet Adv.,10: 723-727.
- Brito, L.F.C., Silva, A.E.D., Barbosa, R.T. and Kastelic, J.P. (2004). Testicular thermoregulation in Bosindicus, crossbred and Bostaurusbulls: relationship with scrotal, testicular vascular cone and testicular morphology, and effects on semen quality and sperm production. Theriogenology, 61: 511-528.
- Coulter, G.H. (1988). Thermography of bull testes, 12th Technical Conference of Artificial Insemination and Reproduction. Columbia, SC: Nat. Ass. Anim. Breeders. pp. 58-63.
- Coulter, G.H. and Foote, R.H. (1979). Bovine testicular measurements as indicators of reproductive performance and their relationship to reproductive performance and their relationship to productive traits in cattle: A review. Theriogenology, 11: 297-311.
- Fernandes, C.E., Dode, M.A.N., Pereira, D. and Silva, A.E.D.F. (2008). Effects of scrotal insulation in Nellore bulls (Bos Taurus indicus) on seminal quality and its relationship with in vitro fertilizing ability. Theriogenology, 70: 1560-1568.
- Janet, L., Lloyd-Jones, R., Purohit, C., Boyle, M. and Shepherd, C. (2015). Use of Thermography for Functional Evaluation of Stallion Scrotum and Testes. J.Equine Vet. Sci., 35: 488-494.
- Kastelic, J.P. (2014). Understanding and evaluating bovine testes. Theriogenology, 81: 18-23.
- Kastelic, J.P., Cook, R.B., Pierson, R.A. and Coulter, G.H. (2001). Relationships among scrotal and testicular characteristics, sperm production and seminal quality in 129 beef bulls. Canad. J. Vet. Res., 65: 111-115.
- Kastelic, J.P., Coulter, G.H. and Cook, R.B. (1995). Scrotal surface, subcutaneous, intra testicular, and intra-epididymal temperatures in bulls. Theriogenology, 44: 147-152.
- Knights, S.A., Baker, R.L., Gianola, D. and Gibb, J.B. (1984). Estimates of heritabilities and of genetic and phenotypic correlations among growth and reproductive traits in yearling Angus bulls. J. Anim. Sci., 58: 887-893.
- Kumar, B.S.B., Pandita, S.P., Mallick S.R., Mohanty, T.K., Mandal, D.K. and Mili, B. (2015). Luteinizing hormone, testosterone and total estrogens response to exogenous GnRH in cross bred bulls with differing semen quality. Livestock Sci., 174: 150-153.
- Menegassi, S.R.O., Barcellos, J.O.J., Dias, E.A., Koetz, Jr. C., Pereira, C.R., Peripolli, V., Manus, C.M., Canozzi, M.E.A. and Lopes, F.G. (2015). Scrotal infrared digital thermography as a predictor of seasonal effects on sperm traits in Braford bulls. Int. J. Biometeorol., 59: 357-364.
- Pant, H.C., Sharma, R.K., Patel, S.H., Shukla, H.R., Mittal, A.K. and Kasiraj, R. (2003). Testicular development and its relationship to semen production in Murrah buffalo bulls. Theriogenology, 60: 27-34.
- Setchell, B.P. (2006). The effects of heat on the testes of mammals. Anim.Reprod, 3: 81-91.
- Sinha, R., Bhakat, M., Mohanty, T.K., Ranjan, A., Kumar, R., Lone, S.A., Rahim, A., Paray, A.R., Khosla K. and Danish, Z. (2018). Infrared thermography as non-invasive technique for early detection of mastitis in dairy animals -A review. Asian J. Dairy & Food Res., 37: 1-6.
- Sudheer, S. and Xavier, C.J. (2000). Disposal pattern of breeding bulls in Kerala. Indian J. Anim. Reprod., 211: 72-73.
- Yadav, S.K. (2016). Relationship of scrotal surface temperature and testicular biometry with semen quality of Murrah buffalo breeding bulls of North Arid to Semi-Arid Region. M.Sc. Thesis, NDRI, Karnal, Haryana, India.
Submitted Date : 30-06-2018
Accepted Date : 4-09-2018